This is the best hotel we have found for visits to Samford University. They are pet friendly, and there is no extra charge. We always like to get a suite, although the standard rooms are nice and spacious as well. The hotel is nicely appointed and clean. Hot breakfast and happy hour included. Just off I-65 but far enough away not to get interstate noise unlike the nearby Hampton. Close to restaurants, Starbucks, and a Walmart (which is handy for picking up supplies for students). They have a special rate for Samford visits that is better than AAA or AARP. We have also stayed at the Drury Southeast, and it is a nice facility but it takes longer to get to Samford from there because the busiest highway and intersection in the world (it seems!) are adjacent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A short distance from I-65, Drury Inn & Suites in Southwest Birmingham is seven minutes from the University of Alabama-Birmingham and a short drive to downtown Birmingham attractions. Relax in your clean, comfortable room and enjoy a free hot breakfast, served every day, as well as free hot food and cold beverages at our evening 5:30 Kickback(R). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Southwest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Birmingham Sw
- Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Sw Hotel Birmingham
- Drury Inn Birmingham
- Drury Birmingham