“Great place to stay, will stay again if I get the chance!”

Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Lakeshore Drive
Ranked #5 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Beautiful place to stay! Just spent one night, but we will again if we get the opportunity. Friendly staff, quality clean room. Got in late but still able to get complimentry popcorn and sodas, we got there too late for the "kickbacks"(free drinks and appetizers).
Great variety for breakfast, just what we needed before hitting the road back home.

Room was a little warm when we go in though, took a while to cool down once we adjusted it.

Room Tip: We got the two queen deluxe room. Which was a little more, but well worth it, because each room has...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jenae W

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stayed here for doctor appt at UAB. OUTSTANDING hotel!!! The staff were great, manager came around during breakfast and evening meals/snack to ensure we were doing well. Rooms were very clean and pool was great. The hotel is right off highway and quick 5-10 min from UAB campus... Which was very convenient. Hotel matched Per Diem rate as I was TDY from Florida... I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through area.

Room Tip: Sleep quality--awesome pillows but bed was stif. Restaurant was great,but the eggs .. Need help, but...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bruce B
Reviewed June 23, 2012

You could tell this hotel was newer. The rooms were nice, the complimentary hot food and drinks in the evening were good, but very busy. There wasn't enough room in that area to accomodate all who were there. The complimentary breakfast was also good, but again, not enough room for all. The hotel itself was easy to get to, just off I65. There was a little snafu with my room rate, but was immediately fixed when I brought it to their attention. A good rule of thumb, don't assume everything is good - review that bill they slip under your door!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Annie801
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This is my company preferred hotel so I stay here several nights per month. What I like:
- Poured concrete walls, ceilings and floors make for a much quieter stay compared to many other hotels.
- Manager's reception (hot food and 3 free drinks per night)
- Hot breakfast (not a big fan of the fake scrammbled eggs, but I eat them anyway)
- Very nice staff
- Rates are very reasonable
- Decent workout room

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevators and away from the lobby. The 2nd floor has some rooms situated co...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Marc R
Reviewed June 2, 2012

My family and I stayed the night here on our way to Florida. We couldn't of picked a better place to stay! From the complimentary HOT breakfast and afternoon snacks and beverages you couldn't ask for anything nicer for the price. In fact on our way back we will be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank DavidandChristy
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stayed here over spring break as a family; even brought the dog. The staff was great & our stay was very nice. They go above & beyond by offering complimentary snacks & beverages at various times throughout the day.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

My brother is at UAB. I stayed at the laquinta first night In December, i had all my credit cards stolen from there. So I been coming here since. The staff is awesome. Security is great. Very very clean. It's like a extended family here. Very caring people!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012