“Perfect choice for dinner! ”
Review of El Barrio

El Barrio
Ranked #3 of 1,001 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

We decided on El Barrio after reading reviews online. We were only in town one night, Cinco de Mayo, and we didn't arrive until around 8pm. The wait was 2 hours long, which we didn't quite expect that lengthy of a wait. We got drinks and managed to get a seat at the bar about 45 minutes later. We never expected the wait to truly be two hours, but it really was that long. In fact, after sitting at the bar for over an hour and filling up on drinks, guac and cheese dip, there was no room left for food. We decided to not stuff ourselves and make ourselves miserable, so we left. I can say that the drinks were good, but the guacamole and queso were extra yummy!!! I wasn't even sad about filling up on that stuff because it was so good. Next time we will leave room for food. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed May 5, 2017 via mobile

Great Mexican restaurant with exceptional service!! Margaritas are delicious with a variety of flavors and Bobby did a great job making them!! Food delicious!! Definitely get the guacamole and queso!We got quesadillas and enchiladas they were so fresh and tasty!! The salad served with the quesadillas was incredible!! If you like Mexican food you must go here!!
Got to meet one of the owners and you can tell they put a lot of pride in what they do!!

Reviewed April 23, 2017 via mobile

We stumbled upon El Barrio after brunch at a nearby restaurant. Looking to have a couple of early afternoon drinks, we settled in for yet another meal. The drinks were unique and creative and the beer selection is thoughtful and local. The food is certainly creative with a southwestern spin. I recommend the AM Burrito or the Cuban Madam.

Reviewed April 20, 2017

Well let me tell you something, El Barrio IS brunch. It is not just a simple meal served here, it is a masterpiece spawned from great food and drinks. I had the A.M. burrito and my fiance had the Chilaquiles with chicken. Both were phenomenal options. The burrito was covered in a green sauce and a cream that went perfectly with the burrito that containted bacon, scrambled eggs, black beans, and more. I also had a side of their chorizo potato hash and good lord my fiance got a little jealous at how much attention I was paying to my meal.

We then proceeded to get the Poloma drink which is where they hand you a lime, a grapefruit Jarritos drink (Sparkling Soda) and a glass with ice and liquor. You mix your own so the first one can be a little strong but after drinking a little and mixing more soda in it is great.

For me not being a breakfast fan and enjoying this meal that much truly amazed me. I have heard great things about their other meals as well but if you are in town and looking for a brunch spot on the weekend, this needs to be your #1 (Just get there before it gets too crazy!)

Reviewed April 11, 2017 via mobile

Great dinner, reasonably priced, fresh and flavorful food. Poetions were perfectly sized. Atmosphere was a little loud, but fast and friendly service.