Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive
Ranked #20 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Only a few minutes from downtown Birmingham and close to a variety of places to shop and eat. Add to this the well above average staff attentiveness and accommodation makes this perhaps my favorite of the Hilton properties I stay at routinely.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Matthew D, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Steve T,

Thank you so much for your response, I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope you continue to stay with us in your future visits to Birmingham!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Staff is very nice and lobby area is a great place to hang out, as the lobby area gives you a feel like you are at home. Meals were pretty good. The rooms were clean. We did find that the pillows were very uncomfortable.

Dear Richard S,

The staff at our hotel strives to provide excellent customer service to every guest. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I’m so sorry that the pillows did not meet the comfortable level that you’re accustomed to. I hope you still choose our hotel in your future visits to Birmingham.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Fantastic experience. We plan our trip to overnight here on the way to Florida and back to see family. The staff is excellent as well as the food and property. It continues to exceed our expectations.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mark M,

I’m honored to hear that you choose our hotel as your stopping point on the way to Florida. If there’s anything we can improve on please let us know. We take our guest responses very seriously. I hope to see you on your next trip to Florida.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Great hotel, welcoming staff and excellent facilities. Easy access to main roads and lots to do in the surrounding area. Have stayed here on 3 occasions now and enjoyed it every time, highly recommend to anyone travelling in this area.

Dear Matt N,

Thank you for the outstanding review! I’ll be sure to share the wonderful accolades with the rest of my team. I hope next time you’re in Birmingham you choose to stay with us, we love having you here!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

The staff at the hotel was very friendly and accommodating. they always made sure you had everything you needed without being over the top. For a hotel the food was reasonably priced and very good. I didn't have to go to a restaurant outside the hotel which I liked.

Dear B M,

I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! We strive for excellence and are pleased to hear we succeeded that with your stay. I’ll be sure to share your comments with my Food and Beverage team. They will be pleased to read your comments. I hope you continue staying with us in your future trips to Birmingham!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

My parents booked a room here and had a horrible experience with the reservation. They took advantage of a reduced rate for an Advance Purchase, but the final date of the booking was changed (by the system) to a date that they were not even going to be in town! Since it is non-refundable, Hilton was not willing to make a change of the date or give a refund. We were told by two different representatives that the policy was that they automatically change the date if the one you select is not available... Seriously?? They claimed that was standard policy for advance purchases or promotions. Traveler beware.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Steve P,

I’m so sorry of the issues you had regarding your reservations. Unfortunately, the advance purchase discount is non refundable and is stated before the reservations are completed. In order to receive the advance purchase discount, that must be agreed upon. I suggest in the future to look at other discounted options such as; AARP, AAA or our B&B package. Those reservations can be modified at anytime and does not require an advance purchase.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Am a frequent visitor to Birmingham for work, and don't like staying here. There are better places to stay locally, specifically The Ross Bridge Renaissance. The fire alarm has gone off twice in the middle of the night in the last 6 months (stay here once a month) and the breakfast service staff was not the brightest. Could not figure out how to add a tip without me re-running the card, had to walk out because I was late for a meeting. Room and accommodations are extremely basic- they do the trick, but don't get the warm and fuzzies out of this place.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Lindsay D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. It really helps us to see where our staff and property can improve. I’m sorry for the issues you incurred during your stay and can understand the inconvenience that can be caused by a poor stay. I’m sorry that we failed to provide you with the “warm and fuzzies” that The Ross Bridge Renaissance could offer.