Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive
Ranked #17 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
collinsville, United States
“Good times”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Went for my anniversary and it was a wonderful stay. We had a great time. the only thing was that the elevators were out of inspection and it had been at least a month. So being on the sixth floor and wondering every time you get on was not fun. Other than that the stay was great and was we had a lot of fun on our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Matthew D, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Emmanuel G,

I’m honored to hear that you chose our property to celebrate your anniversary. I know what an important day that means to you and your wife and very grateful we were able to be a part of it. The elevators were actually inspected prior to your arrival and we were only waiting for the certificates. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you visit us again in the future.

manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I was in Birmingham towards the end of May. It was only a 1 night stay and I was taking the mcat the following morning. It was obviously a stressful trip because of the test, and I was nervous about gambling on a hotel the night before something I'd been spent the last 5 months studying for. They stay could not have been better. Although I can't remember the young lady who greeted me during check-in, I can say she was very nice and helpful. It took maybe 3 minutes to get the key and head to my room.

The room was clean, large, and appeared to have recently been updated. My biggest concern staying in a hotel the night before the test was noise, along with just being away from my own bed and being uncomfortable. There was no noise and I slept great. Not to mention, there's a Starbucks maybe 100 yards away, and the hotel is only a couple miles from the interstate.

They also have a pool and fitness center, and there are restaurants close by. I would definitely stay in this Hilton again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank cdog423
Matthew D, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear cdog423,

I hope you did well on your MCAT and wish you the best of luck in your medical career! Thank you so much for the “5 star” review. I cannot express how happy I am to know you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. We would love to have you back and will surely welcome you with open arms.

Pasadena, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn recently on a business trip. The hotel was clean, the staff was really friendly (a lady who was cleaning the hotel saw me working out in the fitness room and brought me a bottle of cold water - very thoughtful!), and I was very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Matthew D, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Melissa H,

I’m happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay! Here at the Hilton Garden inn we strive to make each guest’s stay enjoyable and memorable. I’m happy to hear we were able to reach that goal with your stay. Please stop by and say “hey!” next time you’re in Birmingham!

Montgomery, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was an overall very good hotel. The lobby was nice when you come in, the rooms were clean, nice looking indoor pool. The breakfast was a little over priced but there are plenty of restaurant options around.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Joshua S,

Thank you so much for the response! I would like to apologize for the price of our breakfast. I personally think if you graded the price of our food to the quality of the menu items you would find the price represents the food perfectly. My housekeeping team takes great pride in their work and I’m glad to hear you took notice in what a great job they do. Thank you so much for choosing us for your stay in Birmingham, we love having you here!

Georgetown, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Hotel was fine but staff was not very friendly. I made the reservation for 2 adults and 2 children and there were 2 towels in the bathroom. I am a gold member but was not offered breakfast or anything else. The hotel seemed to be attempting to save money by skimping on the guest experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Tabitha S,

I apologize for the lack of recognition of your Hilton Honor membership. We are so thankful to have members like you that stay within the Hilton brand consistently. I will be sure to speak with my agents to make sure they are properly recognizing our Hilton Honor members and even though you were not recognized I personally want to thank you for being a Hilton Honor Gold member. I would like to invite you back to our property so we can turn your “just okay.” experience into a “perfect 10!”

Fairhope, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here three days. Told the dedk on the first day that I was disappointed to find no complimentary water (HHonors member) and especially unhappy to find the coffee pot still had the used coffee pak from the previous guest (or the one before that?) still in the coffee maker. Never got the waters. Had dinner on Thursdsy night. VERY nice and attentive staff, but poor bar selection and someone thought it a good idea to put "special" sauce on roasted chicken. Not good. The physical facilities were fine here but the delivery of services was not what I would expect.

• Stayed June 2013
Matthew D, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear LAHust,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. It really helps us see where our staff and property can improve. I’m sorry for the issues you incurred during your stay. I understand the inconvenience that can be caused by a poor stay and I’m sorry that we failed to provide you with an outstanding stay and service. I do hope this incident doesn’t leave a bad taste in your mouth and would be honored if you gave our hotel another chance.

birmingham, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Hilton Garden was perfect for our golf trip! reasonably priced, great hotel. The beds were comfortable, the room was quiet, and everything was clean. The breakfast staff was very accomodating, and cooked the breakfast to order!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Donald C,

I’m pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. I hope the weather was good for your golf game. I shared your response with my team and they were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope next time you’re in the area to play a few rounds you stop by and see us!! We love having you here!