Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive
Ranked #17 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
“Oops”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Very nice place to stay. Clean rooms. Excellent service. Every employee will speak to you and ask if there's anything they can do for you. Great breakfast. Eggs to order. Wait staff will make sure your coffee cup stays full. Hotel lost points with me when one morning I observed a waste receptacle outside the lobby entrance that was overflowing with to go boxes, chicken bones and other debris. I brought it to the attention of desk personnel that said it would be taken care of. It was still there when I left. Appears very un attractive and un sanitary for such a highly rated place.

• Stayed March 2013
MatthewDayeManager, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear thegr8waldopepper,

I couldn’t agree more, perception is everything!! I’m extremely sorry that the trash was not removed before you left. I know you said we lost points but I hope this incident doesn’t convince you to never stay with us again. I love responses like yours because it shows me what areas at my hotel I can improve on. I hope next time you’re in the Birmingham area you stop by and see us!! I promise the trash receptacle at the entrance will be emptied!!

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bridgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Had a very comfortable stay at Hilton Garden Inn. Great staff to welcome you at reception, very helpful and friendly. Nice and clean rooms with some lovely bathroom aminities and products. And awsome breakfast by cooks who modify menu according to your taste - I loved the veggi breakfast that they made me. Will difinitely come back!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PriyankaonTrip
Dear PriyankaonTrip,

I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to let my Food and Beverage team know how much you enjoyed their cooking. Just like me, they love hearing the praises that guest like you leave on Tripadvisor. They take great pride in accommodating each and every guest. I can’t wait for you to return, we will be sure to have the veggie breakfast ready for you!!

Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for nearly 4 weeks on business. The staff provided excellent customer service and genuinely valued the clients staying at the inn. They went above and beyond their job descriptions to make our stay pleasant. They were always smiling and had such a welcoming spirit about them. Nina, Richard, Cheryl & Larissa were quite polite and very knowledgable about the area.
The food at the grill was also very good! Everything was fresh and there were several menu items that we kept going back to. Kisha, Suzie, & Shanequa helped create a laid back and enjoyable atmosphere in the restaurant area! Very sweet and hard-working ladies!
The managers were extremely friendly as well. Matt went out of his way on multiple occasions to ensure everything was above par throughout the hotel.
The entire staff was always smiling! Despite the building being under construction, the employees never missed a beat in offering exceptional service. My colleagues and I were very pleased with everything about this hotel! Other employees that definitely made an impression on us were Treabean, Shaun, Angela, Darnell, & Toney. Great people and top notch accommodations! I would absolutely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kokemo
Dear Kokemo,

Guests like you make our job seem so easy!! I shared your response with my entire team. They were all pleased with how satisfied you were with your stay. Whether it’s the Great American Grill, your check in experience or the amenities in your room, each department takes great pride in what they do. So when they hear of such wonderful accolades like you wrote. They know that they’re work doesn’t go unnoticed. I know your business hear in Birmingham is over for now but I hope that next time you’re in the area you stop by and say hello!! I would love to catch up with you!

harahan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive is always our first choice of hotels to stay in Birmingham. They have the nicest staff both at the front desk and in the dining room. They always go out of their way to make you feel welcomed. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast is excellent and a good value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jean z
MatthewDayeManager, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Jean Z,

Thank you so much for taking time to give our hotel such wonderful accolades here on Trip advisor. Its guest like you that makes our job so enjoyable. Ill be sure to let the Front Desk and F&B team know of your high praises. I can not thank you enough, I hope you stay with us the next time you visit Birmingham.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel at least 10 times over the last year, most recently on 11/13/12. They are always friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean and welcoming. They had a fire going in the lobby fireplace, which was a nice touch. The room was clean, nice and enjoyable as usual. When I came down for breakfast in the restaurant, the hostesses were at attention to take great care of me. When looking for a place to call home for the night during a week traveling for business, this is all you can ask for.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MatthewDayeManager, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Matbhh,

I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I also think our fireplace adds a great touch to our beautiful lobby and with the weather getting cooler nothing beats sitting by a fireplace, drinking a hot cup of coffee to warm up. I will make sure to pass on to our F&B team your wonderful praises. They work so hard every day to make sure their guests are happy. I hope next time you’re in Birmingham you stop by and see us!

Warm Regards,
Atlanta, Ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

We used this as our hotel headquarters while teaching seminars in Birmingham. The hotel staff was great and the hotel is clean, from the rooms, to the pool and spa area, to the restaurant and bar. The morning breakfast buffet is excellent. Highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MatthewDayeManager, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Bulldog1982,

I’m so glad to hear of the excellent feedback you’ve provided me with. We strive to keep every area in the hotel as clean and neat as possible. You can thank our wonderful Housekeeping staff for that and I will make sure to let them know of your praises! Once again thank you so much for the response and I hope you stay with us next time you’re in Birmingham!

Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham in October 2012 for buisness. The room was spacious with a king bed, desk (office area), a microwave, refridgerator, and a coffee maker. We had our meetings there in the hotel and the work space functioned well for our needs. I had breakfast at the hotel one morning and was greeted by friendly staff. The food was cooked to my liking and was resonably priced. Within walking distance are several other restaurants as well as shopping. The airport was a 15 minute ride. The only neagtive to the hotel was the bed, It had a large dip in the middle and needed to be replaced. All in all it was a decent hotel on par with other Hilton Garden Inns.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Papa_Sid,

Thank you so much for the excellent response, I’m sorry to hear that our beds did not meet your expectations. We are actually in the process of renovating and hope when you return to our hotel you can enjoy the finished project. I’ll make sure to let our Food & Beverage team know how much you enjoyed their food and service! Next time you’re in Birmingham please stop by!