“For kids”

McWane Science Center
Ranked #3 of 93 things to do in Birmingham
More attraction details
Owner description: Fun and learning never end at McWane Science Center, a nonprofit, hands-on museum and IMAX(R) Dome Theater. Four floors of interactive exhibits celebrate science and wonder - from an amazing collection of dinosaurs to innovative environmental showcases, imaginative early childhood playgrounds, and an awe-inspiring aquarium. The energy and excitement of discovery spring to life through an extensive lineup of science demonstrations performed daily by talented educators. The adventure intensifies in the IMAX(R) Dome Theater, where wide-eyed visitors experience the sights and sounds of breathtaking films on a 5-story-tall screen surrounded by 3 tons of high-intensity speakers.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Member for 3 years--my son loves it 3-6yrs but now getting stale
Lots for young ones--theater ok not special for movies--don't get stuck in front--- and I would not have a birthday party there again but otherwise thumbs up.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

It has a great variety of things for kids to explore.The grandkids love coming here.
The staff is always willing to explain things.The many great volunteers help a lot!
So many of them have been there for years without ever getting any recognition.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The kids had such a great time they didn't even realize that they were learning about science..they especially loved the bed of nails, water area, pulley section, and of course.. The sharks and rays that they got to pet!!! Both a great time was had by kids, parents and grandma and grandpa too!! Fun for all ages.

1  Thank Kim K
Reviewed March 23, 2013

When I was a kid, there were 2 things that I thought were the best places on earth: Whole Foods & McWane Science Center!! I would go there any chance I got!!!! But on my last visit, I guess I just got too mature for it. B/c on that visit, the place was lame & crawling w/ pesty children. I felt really old. So I guess that visit right there was my last visit for my life time. :C

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I don't know who it enjoyed the Science Center more, me or my son..Very educational with fun attached

2  Thank AnQuetta H