“Kids and adults enjoy”

McWane Science Center
Ranked #3 of 93 things to do in Birmingham
More attraction details
Owner description: Fun and learning never end at McWane Science Center, a nonprofit, hands-on museum and IMAX(R) Dome Theater. Four floors of interactive exhibits celebrate science and wonder - from an amazing collection of dinosaurs to innovative environmental showcases, imaginative early childhood playgrounds, and an awe-inspiring aquarium. The energy and excitement of discovery spring to life through an extensive lineup of science demonstrations performed daily by talented educators. The adventure intensifies in the IMAX(R) Dome Theater, where wide-eyed visitors experience the sights and sounds of breathtaking films on a 5-story-tall screen surrounded by 3 tons of high-intensity speakers.
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I used to take the kids and had excuses to be there. Now that they are getting older it's harder to get them to venture back. It's always a great excitement. New exibits. Love it.

There are newer reviews for McWane Science Center

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I visited the McWayne when I was a kid and it was awesome back then too. I took my daughter recently and they have really updated the place. It has a little bit of everything. My daughter loved the aquarium where you can pet sharks and rays.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Science education, for the whole family; located in a good part of downtown city center (looking much improved in the last 10 years)!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I went with my mom, daughter, sister in love, niece and nephew and we had so much fun. It wasn't too crowded and we moved at our own pace. We saw the train imax movie and it was wonderful! Makes me want to book a trip and ride for myself. We started at the top and came down the the kids big and little loved it all.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I, along with my daughter, chaperoned my granddaughter's kindergarten class. All the children enjoyed themselves and my daughter & I had a good time also. We tried out some of the hands on activities & had great fun! There was a gift shop for souviners and we were able to eat lunch there. The only complaint I have is that we did not have enough time to enjoy everyhting before we had to leave to go back to school. Would reccommend it to everyone, even if you don't have children!