“Great History of Birmingham with all of the Horror Stories”

The Birmingham Historic Touring Company
Ranked #2 of 9 Tours in Birmingham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The 2018 season is upon us and this year we are adding a broad collection of daytime historic tours! Churches, the historic city center, a civil rights tour, theaters both here and past, an architecture tour...and of course, in the evenings the ever popular Birmingham Ghost Walk! The historic tours are themed by month and the Ghost Walk will continue to be a broad look at all the dark and hidden history of downtown.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 8, 2017

My wife and I did this tour when I was here for work and could not have been more happy. Did the Brothels and Free Masons tour and learned so much about Birmingham. Wish we had time to do the other tours. Worth your time

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"downtown"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed June 30, 2017

Three of my students and I were in Birmingham last week for the National Speech and Debate Association's national contest. We spent the whole week in town, enjoying food, music and the sights, but this tour took the cake on our last night in town. The guide was informative and appropriately eccentric without being hokey or creepy. Not only did the tour provide colorful history about buildings along the way, but also about Birmingham at large, and Alabama in general. My three students (teenage boys) initially approached the tour with a positive, albeit skeptical attitude. Two blocks in, one of them tapped my shoulder and whispered, "This is AWESOME!" By the time we hit the halfway mark they were huddled in a group on the sidewalk looking fairly apprehensive. The stories, complemented by artifacts and photos supplied by the guide, left a lasting impression with all of us. I am pretty sure the kids went back to the hotel and slept with the lights on. (SUCCESS!) The kids were able to catch some pretty eerie stuff on their phones, converting them all into believers in the supernatural side of Birmingham. They had so much fun that we have decided to incorporate a ghost walk into our officer retreat in San Antonio later this summer. Thank you, Birmingham Ghost Walk, for making a great memory for my team!

Reviewed June 26, 2017

Our tour was awesome! This is a great way to learn about the history and features of the city. Our guide also gave us some great tips for little shops to visit during our time in Birmingham! Definitely recommend!

Reviewed June 25, 2017

Despite ongoing weather issues, we sullied forth into the nighttime streets of downtown Birmingham. The high school students I was traveling with soaked up the history and the stories of betrayal and murder. The walk was quite manageable, and the time was well filled. Totally worth the price and, if we ever find ourselves in Birmingham again, we will definitely take in one of the other tours.