I had to book this reservation at the last minute, and they had a room available for $79.00. I was not wanting to spend much as I am on a really tight budget.
The hotel is further up the hill past the Hampton so it is not visible from the shops in the Colonnade. It is quiet for the most part, but you CAN hear your next door neighbor's tv set. There is also some street noise from the highway.
The location is perfect if you need quick access to Mountain Brook, Hoover, or the shops at the Summit. There is good shopping and great restaurants close by.
I was given a handicapped room which was a first for me. I did not complain because Josh at the front desk had been so super nice to me and went out of his way to give me directions. Also I was very tired and just wanted to sleep.
The room on first floor was directly across from Housekeeping. The shower was a zero entry space, meant for a wheelchair. Water got all over the floor no matter what I did. The shower spout was a handheld so that I could not stand directly under it for a normal shower. I just tried to be flexible and have a good attitude.
There was a lamp on one side of the bed but not the other. Bugged me because I am left-handed and needed the other side of the bed , the one without the lamp. Tried to switch the lamp over, but no electrical outlet over there.
The tv did not have even half the channels listed on the Channel Guide.
Nice big fridge, small microwave, ice bucket, coffee maker.
Breakfast was the typical free breakfast for this type of hotel. Very clean and well-stocked, but the food is adequate, not earth-shattering. Cereal, bagels, toast, waffle maker, etc.
Was told there is no password for Internet, that it hooks right up. I had major issues with Internet and spotty service. VERY frustrating. You have to plug into an outlet; doesn't work at all if you try to use Internet just sitting on the bed.
Bed was squishy and I like firm, but oh well. It was fine. I found a way to be content here because I know I got what I paid for for a last minute $79 rate. I think the friendliness of the staff made up for the average quality. It is obvious they are doing the best they can. Josh's big smile made the difference. I wish every hotel realized what a big difference friendliness makes. I could certainly put up with a lot more because of it.
When checking out, the lady asked, "How on earth did you get stuck in a handicapped room?" I said "I have no idea." She laughed and said, "Oh. Josh." We both laughed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson®, Birmingham-Hoover, AL your home base and discover exciting nearby attractions like Birmingham Botanical Gardens, Birmingham Zoo and Regions Field. You can attend sporting events at the University of Alabama Birmingham and Samford University, both within minutes of the hotel. For even more fun, see live music at Iron City or hit the fairways at Robert Trent Jones Golf Course. When you're ready to recharge, cool down in the hotel's outdoor pool or stop by the fitness center for an exhilarating workout. Our inviting rooms with free Internet access provide a good night's sleep, and our free hot breakfast each morning prepares you for your day. Hotel Amenities & Services If you're here on business, we can simplify your stay with free high-speed Internet access and a business center. To help every traveler relax, we offer a seasonal outdoor pool, a fitness center and rooms with HBO. Enjoy these amenities and services: Complimentary, Hot Be Our Guest Breakfast Free Wi-Fi Business Center Fitness Center Seasonal Outdoor Pool Coin-Operated Laundry Cable TV with Premium Channels (HBO) and HDTV Programming Free Parking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Carlson, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Country Inn & Suite Birmingham - Hoover reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn And Suites Colonnade
- Comfort Inn & Suites Colonnade Hotel Birmingham
- Comfort Inn Birmingham
- Birmingham Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Colonnade