All reviews hot dogs nachos free popcorn baked potato adult beverages light dinner mixed drinks free dinner hot tub waffles hot breakfast breakfast and dinner wonderful stay evening reception exercise room beds were comfortable the entire staff
Reviewed October 6, 2018

A three C's winner. Clean rooms, comfortable beds and conveniently located for our 2018 road trip plans. Added bonus was the happy hour free drinks and food. Who could ask for more? Pappadeaux's restaurant next door another plus.

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

This hotel was a fabulous place to stay the night prior to and day of my surgery. They have a drink fountain that has coke, Diet Coke, sprite, Mello Yello, etc...available just off of the lobby. I utilized the machine several times when I got back to the hotel after surgery. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. This hotel is pet friendly so that was a huge factor for us in choosing to stay here. The staff was super friendly. If we ever have a reason to stay at a hotel in Birmingham again, we will choose Drury Inn!!! The microwave and refrigerator is located inside the chest of drawers cabinet pictured below.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2018

Good location, good food, good room, good staff. I stayed here in July 2018 and in September 2018 and had a good experience both times. Rooms are clean. Staff are friendly. Price is a little steep, I think.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floors and the east end are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2018

All of the staff we encountered were very friendly and accommodating, from the woman who checked us in, to the folks who worked the evening buffet bar and breakfast.

The breakfast and evening buffets were nice. One gets 3 drinks/day as well as happy hour food in the evening, which was substantial enough to make a meal. One evening there were hot dogs, chili, salad, tortilla chips, salsa, queso-ish cheese (think ball park nachos), potatoes, etc. The next night there were grilled chicken strips, rice, beans, tortillas, etc.

There was also popcorn in the lobby most of the afternoon. Fountain drinks were available as well. My only question is why water is not available. There is a spot with a water "button" on the drink machine, but no water came out. Further, there were no water pitchers during any of the food service times. I can't believe I am the only guest who would like cold water with breakfast.

The room was fine, and the bed was comfortable. The temperate was well maintained, despite the heat and humidity that are common in Birmingham in September. Instead of tiny bottles of shampoo, conditioner and shower gel, there were wall-mounted dispensers in the shower with these items.

When we entered our room, there were coins on the floor under the desk as well as a hair tie. When I see things such as these, I think that the housekeeping staff is doing a poor job. These items were situated so that if the cleaning staff vacuumed, they would not have been there when we entered. So, in my opinion, housekeeping did a sub-par job in our room.

Also, if you are a light sleeper, this is a fairly noisy hotel. I could hear people upstairs and next door. And the commode "flushed" at all hours. We would hear a flushing sound coming from the restroom, but it was a commode being flushed in a room from a floor above ours. Very odd.

The location is a bit hard to get into, if one is coming south (I think), as one has to drive past the hotel then turn left and wind back. It is located behind a Pappadeux restaurant, which is a nice perk. We did not use the pool, but if you have kids, they would probably enjoy swimming in the connected indoor/outdoor pool.

Room Tip: Maybe request a room on the top floor if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

The only reason I gave a 4 was due to the fact that the kickoff room was very small. A lot of people had to take their food to their room or do as we did and wait on tables. It was the same at breakfast. That being said the food was good although not as big a variety as other dury Inn we have stayed. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. I would stay there again

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family