Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Grandview
Birmingham Marriott(Birmingham)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Good 3.5/5
All reviewshot dogsnachosfree popcornbaked potatokick backadult beveragesthe indoor outdoor poollight dinnerfree dinnera pet friendly hotelhot tubthe general managerwafflesbreakfast and dinnerhot breakfastroom was spotlesswonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We came to this hotel after a 8+ hour drive and found it very welcoming and a very accommodating staff. Our room had somehow been booked as a king size smoking (I don't know if that was our fault or theirs), but they had no problem switching it for us at no extra cost. We arrived about 15 minutes before the manager's reception was due to close, and we wanted to get our free drinks in. I mentioned to the waiter that we'd been driving all day, and he personally made sure we got our third drink to save for later. The receptions were great; the evening meal was hot dogs, chips & salsa, potato chips, etc, and breakfast was eggs, sausage, oatmeal, cereal, and so forth. Our daughter has food allergies and we always need to check if the eggs were made with milk or butter. The server again had no problem checking for us what the ingredients were. Overall, a very pleasant hotel and we would stay there again.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed at the Drury Inn & Suites in Birmingham on a corporate trip for training as it was close to the training facility.

The room was clean, and the front desk was couteous. The location is great because it is right off US Hwy 280, where there are tons of restaurants and shopping.

The breakfast buffet and evening hot snacks are free.

The exercise room is small but adequate (there are no weights just treadmill, bike and stair stepper).

My only con is that there is no safe in the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This was more than I expected. First of all at check in they upgraded us for no reason to a suite!!! The food they served during kickback in the afternoon was absolutely wonderful for my kids and they enjoyed it so much. It was more kid friendly food, but it saved me as a single mom from taking the kids out and I was able to enjoy it for our dinner also. The free drinks were great and we ate popcorn and drank soda till bedtime. The breakfast was also wonderful and that saved us again. The pool was clean and cool that half was inside and the other half outside. It was a very nice elegant hotel, extremely clean and just overall the best place I've ever stayed. I was able to get an internet rate that was a FABULOUS deal!!!! Some of the other locations are higher priced but this one was perfectly fine with me. As a single mother of 2 it was nice to have everything inside the hotel so once we were there we didn't have to leave until check out. Can't say enough about the guy at the front desk,,,,,Glenn Phillips (if I remember correctly) was his name and was extremely nice. We've been visiting Birmingham taking my son to Children's Hospital for 18 years now and have made more trips than I can count. Wish I had known about this hotel when it was first built. We'll never stay anywhere else when we go back which is often.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor, I can't remember the room number but I'm sure they are all nice.
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is a fairly nice hotel located right off of the Interstate - easy access. My check-in experience was "so-so." The clerk seemed to be in a rush to get me checked in and to get back to whatever she was doing before I appeared. Parking lot is well lighted and I liked the security of accessing other doors besides the main entrance. Our room was decent (although I still do not understand why the bathroom is not connected to the bedroom- one has to pass through the living room area to get to the bathroom. The room was clean and I really liked the recliner - very comfortable after a long drive. The hotel was quiet - never heard a sound and was able to sleep quite peacefully. All in all, a nice, decent stay. One more note- there are a number a very good dining choices located very close to the hotel should one choose to not eat at the hotel itself.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed at this property while driving through town for one night. We chose it based on its close proximity to the Summit (one street light away) and the fact that the hotel sits directly off of I280. I'm a big Drury fan but I have to say that this property let me down. The constant door slams, toilets flushing and hearing other's conversations through the walls made sleep almost impossible. The mattress was extremely hard. The front desk staff was really polite and helpful upon check in. We felt safe and the parking lot was well lit. I think that we'd probably pick another property when staying in the area next time. If you do stay here, be sure to visit the Summit and dine at the Cheesecake factory. Like most Cheesecake Factory's, this one gets really crowded after 6pm.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Grandview, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you for being our guest. We sincerely apologize that you had a concern during your stay at our hotel regarding the noise in your room. We value your business and sincerely regret that the level of service was not what you expected and deserved.

Your comments will help us address the issues you brought to our attention so we can improve our service.

We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Stephanie West