“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Dallas Ga, United States
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We really enjoy the place it was very clean and the staff was nice room was a pleasure to stay in. We would stay there again when we are in the Homewood Birmingham Alabama area. I would recommend this hotel to other people that I know that would be in the Birmingham Alabama area for business, vacation or whatever the occasion

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwcarlton, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carlton Suites, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Kendrick J,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor! We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for recommending us to the Tripadvisor community. We appreciate your review! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Jocelyn McAlpine and the Entire Best Western Plus Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Union Springs, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I travel on business often. And I usually stay 3 or more nights at the time. The Carlton Suites is my first choice when I am in the Birmingham area. The staff is super friendly, and make me feel like they really care that I have everything that I need when I'm there. In Birmingham I definitely recommend the Carlton Suites.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwcarlton, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carlton Suites, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
To our happy traveler Alan A,

Thank you so much for continuing to stay with us! Thank you for your kind compliments about our staff! We work hard to make sure you and all of our guests have an enjoyable stay! Thank you for recommending us as your choice hotel in Birmingham. Thank you for your review! We hope to see you again soon!

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have stayed here for more than 60 days. I find that all the staff are very concerned with my comfort. From the General Manager to any of the other staff, they are concerned with my pleasure first and foremost. I have not found a better value nor higher quality in any other hotel in the area. My compliments to all the staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Fmartin33,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor! Yes, you are right! We are concerned about your comfort and satisfaction as well as the comfort and satisfaction of all our guests. We want to make sure that each and every guest has an enjoyable experience! We appreciate your kind compliments. It is reassuring to hear from our guests that we are making them feel great when having to stay and work away from home for an extended period of time or whether they are here for just a day! As always if there’s anything we can do, just let us know! Thank you again for your review!

Hampton VA, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stay away risk of carrying roaches home. 9 rooms booked 6 had roaches. Manager tried to spray pesticide while we were in the room. Offered different room but seriously evident this is issue thru out the hotel

• 3 of 5 bubbles

4 Thank Robert E
To Our Guest Robert E,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor and let us know about your stay. On behalf of the staff of the Best Western PLUS Carlton Suites, I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with insects in your room. Our hotel has the highest quality standards regarding routine pest control. Since your stay pest control has come out to investigate your two rooms as well as all of the rooms of the hotel. It is not the policy of our hotel to ignore a pest problem or any problem with guest satisfaction. Thank you again for reviewing us on Tripadvisor.

Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

David was a delight to work with from beginning to end.My daughter and I enjoyed our stay in Alabama for the first time. We passed though to take her to college in Texas.The breakfast and the manager reception was a awesome touch to the southern hospitality. The room we stayed in was a suite that had a separate lounge area with a couch my daughter was able to set her computer up in this area and notdisturb me as I watched television in the divided sleep area. The accommendations and bar area was all updated. The swimming pool area was very clean. The hotel was very close to shopping.If you wanted to walk this would have been possible as well.AT CHECK-OUT THE LADIES@ THE FRONT DESK WAS ALSO VERY PLEASANT AND THANKED US FOR STAYING WITH THEM.

Keisha J,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor! Thank you for your kind compliments about our staff members, David and Jigisha. They are wonderful assets to our team! We serve a complimentary full, hot buffet breakfast every morning from 6AM-9AM and a complimentary Manager’s Reception, Monday-Thursday from 5PM-7PM. We have an indoor heated pool to relax in after a busy day. We hope that your daughter has a wonderful school year! If you are ever passing through Birmingham again we’d love to have you back. Thank you again for your review!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Fantastic hotel with amazing manager and staff. A brilliant find if you are looking for the best and safe parking for your bikes. The hotel is beautifully appointed and well laid out, and although does not have a restaurant, there are plenty within easy walking distance. The seafood one across the road was great. Love to stay there again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwcarlton, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carlton Suites, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Jodi L,

Thank you so for choosing to stay with us! It was a pleasure having you and your guests stay here! Thank you for your kind compliments about our hotel and staff! We are a Best Western Plus hotel offering that little something extra. If you are travelling in the future, be sure to try out the Best Western Premier which offers on-site dining and will be sure to leave a lasting impression! Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. I hope that your trip across the U.S. is going well. If you are ever in Birmingham again be sure to stop by! Thank you again for your review!

Cottage Grove, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way to FL. When we left we forgot to grab our swimsuits from the bathroom where they were drying (family of 4) When I realized the next day that we had left our items I called and was told they would ship me my items and charge the amount to my card. We had left on Aug 9 and I had still not received my items on Aug 16 so I called back and was told my items were shipped on the 15th. I asked why our items were not shipped for a week and there was no explanation. When our items finally arried on Aug 20th they were all ruined. They had been sitting in a sealed plastic bag damp for a week and a half. We were not happy. They could have at least opened the bag if they were going to leave them for a week!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

3 Thank Melissa V
bwcarlton, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Carlton Suites, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
To our guest Melissa V,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. On behalf of the entire staff at Best Western Plus Carlton Suites, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations with the shipment of your items. Although the hotel is not responsible for left behind items, we did ship your items to you. Due to a series of unexpected and unfortunate events with our General Manager and the loss of his mother we did fall behind on getting your items shipped to you as expected. We did drop the ball and we do apologize for any inconvenience you encountered and hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we may provide you with a better experience. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your experience.