“Perfect night stay”

Best Western Plus Carlton Suites
Ranked #7 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
“Perfect night stay”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I called and reserved a room while my husband and I were traveling down I-65 toward Florida. Great location to get in and out of easily with close proximity to the interstate. The rooms were large and spacious, very clean, and my non smoking room had no odors at all!! Staff was friendly, especially upon checkout. The manager checked on us as we were eating a fantastic free breakfast. The food was restaurant quality, not normal free hotel food. I would hesitate to stay again or recommend it to family or friends. Keep up the good work!!

• Stayed August 2013
bwcarlton, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Carlton Suites, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Smmurphy7,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor! We are located right off Interstate 65 making us a perfect stopover for guests travelling on the road. Thank you for your kind compliments about our staff and manager! Thank you for recommending us to your friends and family. If you are ever travelling through Birmingham again we would love to have you back! Thank you again for your review!

Jocelyn McAlpine and the Entire Best Western Plus Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We have stayed at hotels all over the world and I have to say this was one of the best experiences ever! The hotel is not a typical BW. The rooms are big, refrigerator, microwave, sink and CLEAN. I have to say that the manager Rony Naik has to be cloned. He was always available checking with guests to see if they were taken care of, shaking hands, visiting and so helpful. HE is the gem of this hotel. They have a very nice cocktail reception in the evenings with open bar, hot and cold appetizers and a lovely, complete breakfast in the morning.
Again, if ever in Birmingham....this is the hotel to stay at....trust me.

Room Tip: I don't think they have a bad room in the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Toothfairy2,

Wow! Thank you for the awesome compliment of Best Hotel Ever! We are so happy to hear that you had the best experience ever at our hotel. We do agree with you about cloning our General Manager, Rony. He is a great manager and customer service is his passion as well as his top priority. We do host a complimentary Manager’s Reception Monday through Thursday from 5pm to 7pm, and we serve a full, hot buffet breakfast every morning from 6am to 9am. Thank you for your review! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

goodlettsville, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I travel for business several times a month and stay at the Best Western in Madison, AL and Birmingham, AL. The rooms and hotel are clean, the staff at both are great and I love the beds and pillows. Totally a home away from home for me. They always take care of me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lynne S,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! We appreciate your loyalty to our Best Western brand. We are an all-suite hotel offering clean, spacious rooms for our guests to relax and unwind after a busy day. We are honored to know that we are your home away from home! You are our guest and we want to make you feel at home! Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor!

Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I came here after a terrible experience at another hotel. I was so happy they had rooms available. I called and the lady that answered the phone was very polite and I told her I was on my way. When I got at the hotel it was very clean. The front desk clerk that I talked to on the phone checked me in. She was very professional and polite. We had a conversation about the restaurants in the area. They even had a coupon for a free appetizer at Landry's across the street. She told us exactly where our room was located and what door to go in to get to it faster. She also gave us a map of local restaurants nearby. The room was very clean. The bathroom door was a little hard to open, but other than that it was wonderful. The next morning, we went down for breakfast. It was delicious! The staff was there to greet everyone that walked down. They were so nice. I would definitely come to this hotel again. Wonderful experience and I wish I had come here first.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem good. Try not to stay on the first floor, because during the breakfast hours peop...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
bwcarlton, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Carlton Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Ashley T,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! I’m sorry to hear that you had a terrible experience at another hotel. Thank you for your kind compliments about our staff. They are a wonderful team that works hard to ensure that our guest have a satisfying experience. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. We would love to have you stay with us again the next time you are in Birmingham. Thank you again for your review.

birmingham, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I had an wonderful stay and plan on going back for family trip etc. I also will share with my family friends experience I had their at the hotel. Again Thanks My husband really enjoyed himself. I was reffered by his cousin. thanks again an agin

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jacquelyn J,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We are happy to know that you and your husband had a wonderful stay. Thank you for recommending our hotel to your family and friends and also a special thanks to your cousin for referring you. We appreciate you taking the time to let the Tripadvisor community know about your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Staff are nice and will assist when asked. Breakfast many choices-- taste OK. Rooms need more light. Fridge needs to be turned colder in dining area and rooms. Housekeeping came into the meeting room, during the meeting to empty trash , which was disrupting.

• Stayed July 2013
bwcarlton, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Carlton Suites, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Cajunroadwarrior,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor! We appreciate your room suggestions as we are always looking for ways to improve our customer’s experience. On behalf of our staff, I would like to apologize for the disruption during your meeting. I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused. We will look into ways to provide a better experience while maintaining a clean environment for our meeting attendees. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Other than the issues with your room and meeting room disturbance I hope that your stay was enjoyable! I hope that you will visit us again so that we may have an opportunity to provide you with a better experience. Thank you again for taking the time to review us!

Deltona, Florida, Usa
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel has the friendliest staff and management. They go out of their way to please and accommodate everyone. Everything is spotless and you can see the manager walking the property several times a day to make sure. Want a relaxed, comfortable stay? Stay at this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013
Jeffrey D,

Thank you for coming back to stay with us again! It’s always a pleasure to have you stay with us. We are honored to know that we are the best and friendliest hotel in the area! Thank you for telling the Tripadvisor community about your recent stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!