“My homes away from home”

Best Western Plus Carlton Suites
Ranked #5 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
goodlettsville, The Netherlands
“My homes away from home”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I travel for business several times a month and stay at the Best Western in Madison, AL and Birmingham, AL. The rooms and hotel are clean, the staff at both are great and I love the beds and pillows. Totally a home away from home for me. They always take care of me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwcarlton, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Carlton Suites, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Lynne S,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! We appreciate your loyalty to our Best Western brand. We are an all-suite hotel offering clean, spacious rooms for our guests to relax and unwind after a busy day. We are honored to know that we are your home away from home! You are our guest and we want to make you feel at home! Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor!

Jocelyn McAlpine and the Entire Best Western Plus Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I came here after a terrible experience at another hotel. I was so happy they had rooms available. I called and the lady that answered the phone was very polite and I told her I was on my way. When I got at the hotel it was very clean. The front desk clerk that I talked to on the phone checked me in. She was very professional and polite. We had a conversation about the restaurants in the area. They even had a coupon for a free appetizer at Landry's across the street. She told us exactly where our room was located and what door to go in to get to it faster. She also gave us a map of local restaurants nearby. The room was very clean. The bathroom door was a little hard to open, but other than that it was wonderful. The next morning, we went down for breakfast. It was delicious! The staff was there to greet everyone that walked down. They were so nice. I would definitely come to this hotel again. Wonderful experience and I wish I had come here first.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem good. Try not to stay on the first floor, because during the breakfast hours peop...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
bwcarlton, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Carlton Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Ashley T,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! I’m sorry to hear that you had a terrible experience at another hotel. Thank you for your kind compliments about our staff. They are a wonderful team that works hard to ensure that our guest have a satisfying experience. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. We would love to have you stay with us again the next time you are in Birmingham. Thank you again for your review.

birmingham, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I had an wonderful stay and plan on going back for family trip etc. I also will share with my family friends experience I had their at the hotel. Again Thanks My husband really enjoyed himself. I was reffered by his cousin. thanks again an agin

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Jacquelyn J,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We are happy to know that you and your husband had a wonderful stay. Thank you for recommending our hotel to your family and friends and also a special thanks to your cousin for referring you. We appreciate you taking the time to let the Tripadvisor community know about your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Staff are nice and will assist when asked. Breakfast many choices-- taste OK. Rooms need more light. Fridge needs to be turned colder in dining area and rooms. Housekeeping came into the meeting room, during the meeting to empty trash , which was disrupting.

• Stayed July 2013
bwcarlton, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Carlton Suites, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Cajunroadwarrior,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor! We appreciate your room suggestions as we are always looking for ways to improve our customer’s experience. On behalf of our staff, I would like to apologize for the disruption during your meeting. I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused. We will look into ways to provide a better experience while maintaining a clean environment for our meeting attendees. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Other than the issues with your room and meeting room disturbance I hope that your stay was enjoyable! I hope that you will visit us again so that we may have an opportunity to provide you with a better experience. Thank you again for taking the time to review us!

Deltona, Florida, Usa
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel has the friendliest staff and management. They go out of their way to please and accommodate everyone. Everything is spotless and you can see the manager walking the property several times a day to make sure. Want a relaxed, comfortable stay? Stay at this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013
Jeffrey D,

Thank you for coming back to stay with us again! It’s always a pleasure to have you stay with us. We are honored to know that we are the best and friendliest hotel in the area! Thank you for telling the Tripadvisor community about your recent stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while our son attended football camp at UAB. We chose this hotel based on the great reviews and close proximity to downtown/ UAB. This hotel was extremely clean; the rooms were large and truly accommodated our family of four. My children especially liked the two flat screen TV's and the complimentary breakfast. We plan to stay at this hotel again when we come to Birmingham.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the middle of the hotel so that you can park on the side and go of the side doors.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Zteam4
bwcarlton, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Carlton Suites, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Zteam4,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor! We are an all-suite hotel located right off Interstate-65. We are 10 minutes south of downtown Birmingham. We do serve a FREE, hot buffet breakfast EVERY morning! We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Birmingham. Thank you again for telling the Tripadvisor community about your stay!

Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great pool, nice rooms. Great service at breakfast. Sorry that cocktail hour is only done on Monday thru Thursdays. Easy to unlaod and parking hear entrances good. Check in and check out went really well. Easy to contact and make reservations.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Shawn L,

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor! We are happy to know that you had a smooth process with check-in/check-out and parking. We do serve a full, hot buffet breakfast every morning from 6 AM to 9 AM, and we host a Manager’s Reception for our adult guests Mondays through Thursdays from 5 PM to 7 PM. We serve FREE drinks and appetizers at our Manager’s Reception. If you ever need to come back to Birmingham please give us a call. We’d love to have you back! Thank you again for your review!