“Best of the Best Westerns”

Best Western Plus Carlton Suites
Ranked #5 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Denham Springs, Louisiana
Reviewed February 9, 2013

very clean, comfortable, safe hotel
good breakfast....waffle maker:)
Traveling with 2 girl friends and stopped to check in at midnight and we felt completely safe. Quick shot back on the interstate too.
Would stay again for a quick trip.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank dawnbirdsong
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

We have 2 grand kids we took to the circus Saturday afternoon. They wanted to swim Saturday night and Sunday morning. BWC+ has indoor pool with nice warm water. Free hot breakfast was one of the best I've ever had at a hotel! Highly recommend !

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Jack B
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The suite was very roomy, clean, comfottable, and tastefully decorated. We brought our two yorkies and had a room conveniently located near an outside door. The breakfast incuded waffles, french toast, eggs, fresh fruit cut up, and much more! We were here for my daughter's interview at UAB and it was a quick shot on the interstate. I would definitely stay her again and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank deneew
Opelika, Alabama
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I'm never disappointed when I stay here. Rony is a super manager! Good breakfast. Clean, spacious room. Great daily manager's reception if you stay Mon-Thur. The libations are good and plentiful if that's your thing. Great location with a variety of restaurants in close proximity. Easy access to I65.

Room Tip: Get to know the manager. That's all I can say!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Olive Branch, Mississippi, USA
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights at the Best Western Carlton Suites of Birmingham while attending a college bowl game. The only fault I found in the room was the odor from the finish on the cabinets. The hotel has recently undergone renovation per the manager, but the odor was a little strong and did cause a mild headache. The jacuzzi tub was a nice retreat as was having a sleeping area seperate from a living area. Everything in the room was in good working order and it was a bonus to have 2 televisions. Management was awesome, our key did not work when checking in, the manager brought new keys to the room instead of asking us to come back to the desk and he also brought up coffee for the in-room maker after my husband requested it and there was none available at the front desk. Lots of food choices near by as well as Wal Mart and Sam's within a very short driving distance. I felt safe going out to smoke at night alone as the hotel is located next door to State Farm which has constant security patrol. All in all it was well worth the price we paid and the service was great !! I truly felt like they appreciated our business and were eager to please.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Electic, Ala
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I travel approximately 150 nights per year and usually stay in one of three Brand Name hotels but not when I'm in Birmingham...I always stay at this Best Western Plus and I encourage all of my fellow business associates to stay here also. Clean, great location, affordable, nice accomadations but most importantly the staff here is great. Roni, the hotel manager, gives me the kind of service that I receive at no other hotel that I stay. This is not just a job for him, it is his passion and that shows in his service as well as the entire staff. The reason this hotel is rated so highly is because of him and his love of what he is doing. When checking in, make sure that you meet him and you will be confident that your stay will be everything that you want.

Room Tip: The jucuzzi rooms on the first floor are to die for.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business