$110
$119
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

$85
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Hoover(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$79
Hyatt Place Birmingham / Inverness(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$80
Priceline
$259
$233
  • Pool
All reviewsdog friendly hotelhard boiled eggswould stay againthe breakfast areanice stayfree breakfastking roomstayed one nightroom was clean and comfortableyogurtpetdryerfreewayalclerk
Reviewed April 20, 2008

Booked this for $39 through a booking site. Great location in the "heart" of the 280 corridor (lined with lots of shops, restaurants, office complexes).
PROS: Our room was very quiet, the internet access was drama-free, the room was clean and there was a large countertop surrounding the sink, offering plenty of room for toiletries. Even though there was a bar adjacent to the LQ parking lot, we never heard any noise/music/anything. (Actually, the bar had a fantastic live band the night we were there!)
CONS: After we checked in, there was a friendly man on a golf cart who offered to help us with our luggage. He played his radio so loudly we heard it from our room. Breakfast was a little one-dimensional - other LQ's have waffle makers - that would be a nice addition. Twice as I sat down for breakfast the smoke alarm went off (I think b/c of the toaster being on)

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank CultureHound
Reviewed January 10, 2008

Stayed at the La Quinta Birmingham for 1 night in January 2008. There are lots of good points--the hotel is pretty easy to find off of the main street, the area is very safe, it was quiet at night, my room was very clean and fresh, staff are nice, plenty of free parking, tons of shops and restaurants around, pretty large lobby, and I stayed for free with my rewards points. They gave me a great room on the main floor facing the front of the hotel (always my preference) where I could park right outside, and enter the hotel via the side entrance which was adjacent to my room. Very convenient!! As a rewards member, they gave me a free cookie and bottled water in my room, which was a nice touch. You're a quick and easy ride to downtown and all of the fun attractions in Birmingham. Along with the good, there are a few minuses, as well. The breakfast is pitiful, with only saran-wrapped bagels and danishes. I totally skipped breakfast and went to the Cracker Barrel. There is no business/Internet center if you need to check email or print something. There is no pool or spa if you like that. You are right off of the main street which is busy, crowded, and congested all day and night. It takes forever to turn left or merge with traffic. To get across the road to the Target would take forever due to traffic issues. I don't know why that road was always crowded, I guess people who live in the suburbs commute down that road?? But the hotel is situated pretty far off the street so noise wasn't an issue in the room. Overall it was a good, comfortable, clean place and I would stay there again for free with my points or if I got a really good rate. Hope this helps and please email me with questions!!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
3  Thank JenPerna
Reviewed December 30, 2007

This hotel was adequate, and a good stay on the final leg of our trip. I do agree with a previous reviewer that there is essentially no room to let your dog out to take care of business. However, our dog was small and blind...so if you look hard enough, there are some grass/bare strips near the Goodyear Tire Store. This works if your dog is small, old, slow, and easy to please. Forget exercising the dog, except in the parking lot. Breakfast was OK...just adequate, and no O.J.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelino
Reviewed November 30, 2007

We stayed at this hotel while driving from Knoxville to Houston after a Thanksgiving visit. We chose this location because we were driving with our 10 month old puppy, and La Quintas take pets.

As La Quinta's go, this is a nice hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful (if not always at the counter). The rooms were spacious and included a very comfortable recliner. The parking lot was well lit.

However....

1) The hotel is hard to find. LaQuinta's web site directions are not that specific. The one clue they give you - behind the Burger King - will actually prove to be very helpful. First of all the exit signs off I-459 reference Childersburg and Mountain Brook - neither reference is mentioned on the web directions. You want Childersburg. Secondly, the directions say go one mile. Even from the east / north bound exit, it's over a mile. Third, you go through a number of traffic lights. Apparently Alabamans have excellent eyesight because the street signs are very small and of no use to an old Texan such as myself. The best tip is to watch for Burger King and then turn left - be careful not to get in the left turn lane to the Arby's or the frontage road - although you can take that to Cahaba Park Circle. I will say if you are unfamiliar with the area and arriving at night, be patient, be alert and good luck!

2) The hotel is not pet friendly. There is very little area to exercise your pet. There is a very small patch of lawn in back of the hotel and on the very narrow driveway in from Cahaba Park Circle, there are grassy areas between the driveway and the tire shop. The areas are reasonably well lit at night, but if your dog needs a bit of room to roam before he / she relieves him / her self, you are in for a bit of frustration. My other beef rests with my fellow guests who will not clean up after their pets. The one grassy spot behind the hotel had several dog poops left behind. 1) This is inconsiderate, 2) this is unsanitary, 3) it's hard enough to find hotels that take pets - please don't abuse the locations that do take pets, and 4) finally please recognize that some smaller dogs are intimidated by other dogs' poop and will be scared away. Overall, I'd say that this was a frustrating place to take a pet and my fellow guests only exacerbated the problem.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2007

Free breakfast and the free wi-fi I'm using to write this are nice, but overall, I'm sure you could find something nicer for around the same price. We're on the first floor facing the Irish Pub and we heard the dance music pumping into our room until the early morning. This La Quinta is quite old and the motif is much more Microtel than the updated La Quinta you know. Nice people running the place, but for me that's just not enough. This will be the last time I stay here.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family