“Just ignored the doggie nibbles”

La Quinta Inn Birmingham / Cahaba Park South
Ranked #38 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Except where a doggie appeared to have nibbled all along the bottom of the bathroom door, the inexpensive king room appeared to be newly furnished and was nice and clean. We were pleased with the service and the overall experience.

Best of all, the money you save by staying there can be easily spent at The Summit nearby. We love the restaurants at The Summit, the high quality shops, and, of course, the one of only two Apple retail stores in the state of Alabama.

Room Tip: Our third floor room was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed one night last week, in town for a family funeral. This hotel offers clean, comfortable rooms -- fairly basic but at the price it more than met expectations. I read reviews where people expect the Ritz Carlton when they pay $65 a night for a hotel room, it just doesn't happen. In this price range I want a clean room, a comfortable bed, enough pillows, A/C or heat that works, a few TV channels, wireless access that works and a decent bathroom. This LaQuinta provided all of these things and in addition professional, helpful and friendly front desk personnel. I will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Olive Branch, Mississippi, USA
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Very clean, friendly staff and have stayed here twice a year for the past three years. I always have packages shipped here that I need in my business and they have been accepted by the staff and kept safe.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed here for one week and for lack of time and money to change I endured it. I basically only slept here. I had to change rooms once because of the window appearing to have been broken into and not even equipped to be locked --- in a first floor room. I moved to another floor. The rooms were all but disastrous: dirty bathroom -- hairs on the floor and towel rack hanging connected on only one side. The door was beaten up and looked like a year's worth of dog scratching on it; had I known the place allowed animals it would have been a deal breaker anyway. The walls in the bedroom has holes like maybe there had been a fight in there. The bed was OK and the linens appeared to be clean. There was an old fabric recliner that I would have never sat upon. The desk had dried food (or something else) on it. I went over most of the room with antibacterial wipes. The window also had some sort of stuff in between the panes and it was impossible to look outside without opening it, which would have been fine if it had had a screen. I will not stay at another La Quinta. This hotel is located in a nice part of town but I was in no way satisfied. I really was shocked to find such a place in that location. I did have a pretty good rate. This experience will make me drive right on by La Quintas wherever I might be.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank C B
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed here one night with my puppy to see how he was staying in a hotel as I will be travelling a distance soon and needed to know if I were going to take him or board him. He did fine. The hotel is pet friendly, not a lot of places to walk a dog. The hotel was fine the capets need to be replaced. Smoke free hotel. Lot's on nearby places to eat. The hotel itself is a little dated but the bed was comfortable. The desk clerks were friendly. The breakfast was OK boiled eggs waffles, etc. I would stay again. No Pool, but there is work out room. I could not get wi-fi. I was receiving a signal but could not connect.

Room Tip: The hotel sits back off the highway so it's pretty quite.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family