$179
$116
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Hoover(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$75
$115
Hyatt Place Birmingham / Inverness(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$89
$89
$126
$119
  • Pool
All reviewsdog friendly hotelhard boiled eggswould stay againthe breakfast areanice stayfree breakfastking roomstayed one nightroom was clean and comfortableyogurtpetdryerfreewayalclerk
Reviewed December 30, 2007

This hotel was adequate, and a good stay on the final leg of our trip. I do agree with a previous reviewer that there is essentially no room to let your dog out to take care of business. However, our dog was small and blind...so if you look hard enough, there are some grass/bare strips near the Goodyear Tire Store. This works if your dog is small, old, slow, and easy to please. Forget exercising the dog, except in the parking lot. Breakfast was OK...just adequate, and no O.J.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelino
Reviewed November 30, 2007

We stayed at this hotel while driving from Knoxville to Houston after a Thanksgiving visit. We chose this location because we were driving with our 10 month old puppy, and La Quintas take pets.

As La Quinta's go, this is a nice hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful (if not always at the counter). The rooms were spacious and included a very comfortable recliner. The parking lot was well lit.

However....

1) The hotel is hard to find. LaQuinta's web site directions are not that specific. The one clue they give you - behind the Burger King - will actually prove to be very helpful. First of all the exit signs off I-459 reference Childersburg and Mountain Brook - neither reference is mentioned on the web directions. You want Childersburg. Secondly, the directions say go one mile. Even from the east / north bound exit, it's over a mile. Third, you go through a number of traffic lights. Apparently Alabamans have excellent eyesight because the street signs are very small and of no use to an old Texan such as myself. The best tip is to watch for Burger King and then turn left - be careful not to get in the left turn lane to the Arby's or the frontage road - although you can take that to Cahaba Park Circle. I will say if you are unfamiliar with the area and arriving at night, be patient, be alert and good luck!

2) The hotel is not pet friendly. There is very little area to exercise your pet. There is a very small patch of lawn in back of the hotel and on the very narrow driveway in from Cahaba Park Circle, there are grassy areas between the driveway and the tire shop. The areas are reasonably well lit at night, but if your dog needs a bit of room to roam before he / she relieves him / her self, you are in for a bit of frustration. My other beef rests with my fellow guests who will not clean up after their pets. The one grassy spot behind the hotel had several dog poops left behind. 1) This is inconsiderate, 2) this is unsanitary, 3) it's hard enough to find hotels that take pets - please don't abuse the locations that do take pets, and 4) finally please recognize that some smaller dogs are intimidated by other dogs' poop and will be scared away. Overall, I'd say that this was a frustrating place to take a pet and my fellow guests only exacerbated the problem.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2007

Free breakfast and the free wi-fi I'm using to write this are nice, but overall, I'm sure you could find something nicer for around the same price. We're on the first floor facing the Irish Pub and we heard the dance music pumping into our room until the early morning. This La Quinta is quite old and the motif is much more Microtel than the updated La Quinta you know. Nice people running the place, but for me that's just not enough. This will be the last time I stay here.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank clemmonsm
Reviewed May 24, 2007

I usually stay at other branded motels, but we needed to travel with our cat and La Quinta is one of the few chains that allows pets without an additional fee. I didn't know what to expect, but we were pleasantly surprised. The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The windows were fogged over and could use replacing, but we weren't staying there for the view. The breakfast didn't have the variety I am used to, but it was quite good and filling. There were obviously other pet owners there taking advantage of La Quinta's policies, but the place was quiet and the stay was pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2006

My family and I stayed overnight at this hotel, and we did not have any problems. Check in was smooth and effortless. Plenty of hot water in the morning and evening. The room was clean and the desk staff friendly.

We stayed on the side facing the Irish Pub, but didn't have any problems with noise. I felt safe in the area as well.

If you want a good, clean, hotel to stay in, I recommed this La Quinta!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family