TownePlace Suites Birmingham Homewood
ComfortInn
$156
$134
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Hoover(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$72
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$76
$110
$90
$129
$110
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Birmingham / Inverness(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$89
$85
$100
Travelocity
All reviewsan extended staylong term stay hoteltwo bedroom suitefull kitchenstaff was very friendlycomfortable place to staythin wallsfront desk ladynight staythe breakfast areacheck in was easynice stayrodneydishwasherhomewoodrefrigmart
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We recently stayed at the property. This was our first time at this hotel. This is a big property, 2 separate buildings.

First, the positives. Convenient location just off I-65 with plenty of amenities in the general area. The overall exterior appears in good shape and when you walk in you notice a recent update. Unlike some other TownePlace properties, they have a nice breakfast area. The staff we encountered were friendly.

We get checked in and head to our 1st floor room, which has been recently updated. So, after spending a few hours in the room and sleeping in the bed, here are our observations:
1. The walls are thin. We could hear normal conversation from outside and in the next room.
2. The mattress needs replacing. I woke up with a sore back, which did not bode well for the 500 miles we had to drive.
3. Light on furnishings. One side of the bed had no nightstand. They had eliminated the TV stand and had just a wall mount TV. Nothing with a drawer for clothing, etc. There was shelving in the closet. It's like it was designed for 1 person.
4. The kitchen had new appliances, but a mini size range with 4 burners is silly. They touch each other. It looks like a fire hazard to me. But, since there were almost no cooking utensils, pots, or dishes in the cabinets, it probably will not be an issue.
5. The upgrades are a bit sloppy. Spattered paint, etc.

I know where the TownePlace properties sit in the Marriott hierarchy and know what to expect from a good property. This one does not quite make the grade. In the light of day you realize this property probably gets heavy use because of price point and location. The SEC baseball tourney was in town and there were a lot of cars that you could tell were there for that event. This does not seem to be a business persons property.

Would I stay again... I'd look at my other options.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bulldog82
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed for 2 days for a Samford graduation. The rooms are large and clean. The breakfast was pretty good and the service was great. The pool must have just been opened becuase it was green :(
Close to everything and well worth the price.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The staff and all personal, even housekeepers , and the shuttle driver, Wanda, are to be commended and rewarded highly. We are VA medical center patient stays and they are so good and caring to us. The rooms are always excellently prepared and ready. The staff is so accomadating to our needs, even in emergency situations and hastily visits that were emergencies. We love it here. I won't ever stay anywhere else in B'ham. It's easy access off the interstate. I don't have to drive downtown, and the shuttle lady, wanda, is so nice and a joy to have working for you. This place should have some rewards and recognition for the wonderful and worthy efforts they make in making their customers feel welcome, appreciated and special. Debbie and all the managers and desk persons are so in love with your company and their jobs. They make staying here very special and make you want to come back. Thank you for servicing your veterans and their needs and families. You don't find many places that are so vigilant about making us feel welcome and almost like being at home.

Room Tip: call ahead and state your reason if you can. They will do everything they can to accomodate you with friendly help. If you are a veteran, say so. Rooms are handicapped, or you can talk with the staff for your preferences. all of the room we've had have been wonderful.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My visit to this hotel was due to the passing of a family member. Reservations were made the day of arrival. I had two rooms, one for myself and the other for another family member. On arrival the desk clerk was busy but he did not ignore us, immediately he greeted us and from that point on every employee that walked past us greeted us and guaranteed it wouldn't take long. And it did not the clerk was very professional and courteous. The room was clean and in order. Our first concern was a hot shower and everything was there. The room smell nice. I was shocked that this type of hotel would be as nice, but I was mistaken. I would definitely consider booking more often at a Town Place if they are all like this one.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We arrive at the Hotel and everyone was nice and not only did the Hotel smell clean. It was clean. My room was nice, clean and neat also. The last time I was here in Feb. 2013, The Hotel did not look so Great but on this stay I was very pleased.