“Great Stay, Close to Samford” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of TownePlace Suites Birmingham Homewood

TownePlace Suites Birmingham Homewood
Ranked #43 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Orlando, Florida
“Great Stay, Close to Samford”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stayed for 2 days for a Samford graduation. The rooms are large and clean. The breakfast was pretty good and the service was great. The pool must have just been opened becuase it was green :(
Close to everything and well worth the price.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

The staff and all personal, even housekeepers , and the shuttle driver, Wanda, are to be commended and rewarded highly. We are VA medical center patient stays and they are so good and caring to us. The rooms are always excellently prepared and ready. The staff is so accomadating to our needs, even in emergency situations and hastily visits that were emergencies. We love it here. I won't ever stay anywhere else in B'ham. It's easy access off the interstate. I don't have to drive downtown, and the shuttle lady, wanda, is so nice and a joy to have working for you. This place should have some rewards and recognition for the wonderful and worthy efforts they make in making their customers feel welcome, appreciated and special. Debbie and all the managers and desk persons are so in love with your company and their jobs. They make staying here very special and make you want to come back. Thank you for servicing your veterans and their needs and families. You don't find many places that are so vigilant about making us feel welcome and almost like being at home.

Room Tip: call ahead and state your reason if you can. They will do everything they can to accomodate you wit...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Columbus, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

My visit to this hotel was due to the passing of a family member. Reservations were made the day of arrival. I had two rooms, one for myself and the other for another family member. On arrival the desk clerk was busy but he did not ignore us, immediately he greeted us and from that point on every employee that walked past us greeted us and guaranteed it wouldn't take long. And it did not the clerk was very professional and courteous. The room was clean and in order. Our first concern was a hot shower and everything was there. The room smell nice. I was shocked that this type of hotel would be as nice, but I was mistaken. I would definitely consider booking more often at a Town Place if they are all like this one.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We arrive at the Hotel and everyone was nice and not only did the Hotel smell clean. It was clean. My room was nice, clean and neat also. The last time I was here in Feb. 2013, The Hotel did not look so Great but on this stay I was very pleased.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Layton, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I am not too picky about what Marriotts I stay at, and rarely find one I did not feel at home after checking in. But, this property lacks a ton, which is very odd since it is in a fantastic location. I stay about 130-150 nights each year with Marriott, so I see a bunch of different places. I checked in around 11:15 p.m. I arrived in the lobby at 11:05p.m. and there was no one... for ten minutes. Then, behind a partition, a sleepy employee walked forward and checked me in. The employee was very kind. My room was located in building #2, across the parking lot. No problem. In the room, the light in the bathroom was left on for me. Actually, it was not. The switch was broken and the light would not turn off. The room was aged, but it smelled fine. The bathroom shower had hair (not mine) stuck to the curtain. The anti-slip surface in the tub was completly gone and very slippery. There were 4 tissues in the box, and the toilet paper roll was at the end with no back-up. There was no towel for the bathroom shower, which is kind of yuck. I had some food to heat up, and thank goodness I was alone, there was one spoon. The dishes were dirty. All the drawers were left wide open and the closet door was broken. The room was actually very quiet. The internet was the slowest I have ever expierenced, I gave up. I was supposed to stay for 4 nights, but one was plenty for me. I checked out and into the Fairfield in in Fultondale, AL which is awesome! Spend a little more to go North for a nice property.

Room Tip: Go to another property until the room issues are fixed.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

The front desk staff has outstanding customer service the hotel smell clean as soon as I enter the building. The clerk at the desk was very friendly saying to me. My manager n i would like to thank you for staying here and we will be available to you for the next 24 hours enjoy your day and your stay sir. It gets better every employee I pass spoke asking me if everything was ok and if i needed anything they will be happy to assist me I will always stay at towneplace bham!!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Visiting father at Brookwood hosp. Used Marriott points for studio suite, and could not have been happier with stay. I was allowed to check in a little early and asked if I needed more time to check out. The staff was very friendly and the studio suite was a perfect fit for what I needed. I was in bldg 2 which had been updated and looked great with a very functional layout for a studio. The best part however, was that I used less points for this great little secret. Less impressed with the Residence by Marriott used the night before, down the service road, which was more points and 1 bedroom suite. Good job TownPlace Suites!!

Room Tip: Ask for updated and top floor in case of traveling school groups
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Candlewood Suites Birmingham/Homewood
Residence Inn Birmingham Homewood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood
BEST WESTERN PLUS Carlton Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Homewood
Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham / Lakeshore Drive

Been to TownePlace Suites Birmingham Homewood? Share your experiences!