“NO NEW YORK DELI HERE” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Max's Delicatessen - CLOSED

Max's Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Birmingham, Alabama
“NO NEW YORK DELI HERE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

They claim to serve New York deli style sandwiches. I lived in Connecticutt, just about 30 minutes on the train from NYC. Oh, how I miss the delis & the pizzerias along with many other things that only NYC can give you. Max's Deli can only offer a false claim to a NYC deli. The pastrami was so tough with little flavor. The latkes are not any better. There are certain items that you do not take out of a jar & call made from scratch. Please do not spend your money on this establishment. One last thing. If good, friendly service is what you are looking for then do not even consider this place.One word -- RUDE . They cannot even speak when you go in or thank you for coming.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Montgomery, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Nothing special. Just your average Deli. It's just an upscale subway. Subway is cheaper. If you are looking for an enjoyable meal, I suggest eating somewhere else.

• Visited November 2012
Birmingham
“Good, not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Visited Max's several times. Staff was always nice but I found the food to be average. Haven't returned for some time.

Bon Aqua
“Burger in the deli”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was skeptical when I entered Max's. Who does to Alabama to eat a sandwich?! I didn't and fortunately Max didn't make me. I settled for a the black and bleu burger and it didn't disappoint. Caramelized onions, bleu cheese, Nuskes Applewood smoked bacon... is your mouth watering yet?

No description can do this burger justice. It's huge, too! I barely made a dent in this dinner-plate sized burger. Fresh fries and/or onions rings are also on the menu.

Max's is a small place, so come early or plan on waiting. The service was friendly. Tables are a bit cramped--so I wouldn't bring a crew. Don't mind the noise and get over the lack of elbow room... the food is worth it.

Visited January 2013
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“A great variety of food I like on the menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Excellent selections. My favorite have been : corned beef , chopped liver and also tongue sanwiches. I also love matzah ball soup. My canson and I go there often. I am sad the old owner sold Max's Delicatessen and hope the new owner can truly continue the same offerings cooked the way the former owner offered,

Visited December 2012