“Misinformation from hostess, decent TexMex”
Review of Chuy's

Chuy's
Ranked #62 of 977 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 10, 2014

First, I called to inquire about reservations in 19 minutes while shopping in a store 2 doors down. Nice young lady not only placed me on a not so brief hold to ask her manager if they could accommodate my party of 5. Four minutes later, she returned to tell me that I couldn't make a reservation but there was only a 10 minute wait. Meanwhile, I'm literally walking in the restaurant as we disconnect the call. I ask for patio seating. Nope can't have it, it's first come- first served & completely full. And, the covered portion is completely booked for a private party. Ok, put me on the list. Well, there's a 35-40 minute wait. Which is it? What has changed since I opened the door. Aggravated with two little ones, I decide to tough it out. Whatever. Twenty minutes later, buzzer goes off and we are directed to the same covered patio that I was barred from sitting only moments ago.
Food- Chips & salsa were really good with a bit of a kick. Kid friendly menu available. Our server was more knowledgeable (thank you!) about the items offered than the young lady at the hostess stand/answering calls.
The view from the uncovered patio was amazing. Covered patio showcased rows of palm trees. Gets cool at night but you still have to ask to have the ceiling heater turned on.
It's decent enough for a return trip but only if you're in the area.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This used to be a great restaurant, not it's just okay. They really did a good job when they first opened, but the service went from okay to down right awful. I think the trick is to get you so filled up on chips and salsa while waiting that you don't notice how small the meat portions have become.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We were with a group that waited over 1 1/2 hours for a table! Most everyone liked their food but I don't know if I would wait that long again for it! Service was slow and not very good. Took forever just to get drinks. People were given the wrong plates of food. When we got our checks, many of them were wrong! We never did get everything sorted out. People just decided to pay for what was on their ticket! Restaurant was so loud! Servers dropped dishes 5 times just around our table! Might be better if you went at a less busy time.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Entertaining atmosphere, bright colors, part of a '57 Chevy in the bar, and delicious food.
I get the carne asada burrito with hatch green chili sauce. It is the BEST! The margaritas aren't bad either. Good service and nice view overlooking the Summit Mall and the valley beyond.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Fresh made tortillas, chips and salsa. Delicious chicken and beef fajitas with all the usual sides. Fresh made guacamole. Great bar drinks. Always busy and always predictable food, drink and service. Don't miss the soppapia desert.