$104
$81
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $95/night.

$113
$99
GardenInn.com
$128
$116
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

$97
$86
Hyatt Place Birmingham / Inverness(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$89
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Hoover(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$75
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
$179
  • Pool
All reviewsgranola barsair worked wellcoffee potfront officeroom was cleanbooked this hotelbath towelsroad tripwould stay againstaff was very friendly
Reviewed June 14, 2010

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for one night to attend a softball tournament nearby. The hotel is close to restaurants and some shopping. After driving 4 hours from Atlanta and playing 2 games we had an hour break before evening games and went to check in. The clerk said we were too early (1 1/2 hours) and the policy was check in at 3. After explaining she finally agreed to check to see if a room was ready, it was. The clerk seemed very put out , not friendly and didn't seem to care about helping make our stay comfortable.The room itself was large but not very clean. There was a used bar of soap, washrag and razor in the tub and cigarette burns on both the comforter and sink ledge. The room did not smell like smoke though. I was very disappointed to find that there are no ice machines for the guests to use. The hotel office did not have ice to give us either. This was a problem since my daughter had to use ice after games on sore muscles and we had a small cooler to take to the games. The hotel room had a coffee machine in it but no cups or glasses to drink it in. We asked for a 6amwakeup call and received the call at 4:30. I will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Lolob65
Reviewed May 27, 2010

I was passing through Birmingham 1 night and booked a stay here.
I was very happily surpirsed! The staff was friendly and very helpful
The room was super clean & inexpensive. It was quite and I never heard a peep from any other guests even though the place looked pretty full.
I have stayed at some other extended chains in Bham that were horrible- But this one gets 2 thumbs up!
I will definitly stay here again very soon.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 20, 2010

This hotel was great! I had 4 rooms there with 9 people staying, we were all very satisfied! This property was very quiet, friendly satff,clean and affordable. There was a couple of resturants within walking distance and fast food and shopping only a couple of miles away. We will be returning due to my mom having brain cancer and follow treatments and we will definatly planning to saty there. GREAT FIND!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Maybe I've grown accustomed to a full service hotel, but I will avoid this hotel -- and others like it -- in the future. I stayed here for two nights Feb 12 & 13. The room was booked by my host/client on my behalf.

Pros: Pleasant staff; relatively helpful. Good location near malls and restaurants and close to where I was training (in the Cahaba Heights area). Free parking. Relatively new looking in appearance. Having a kitchen/fridge/coffeemaker to use while there.

Cons: Virtually no amenities; not even a bathroom in the check in area which was a bummer after 3 hours in a car. Bare bones to the max. No hairdryer, no shampoo; only one small bar of soap and small towels provided. I asked for shampoo at the desk and they had none. They will clean your room/make beds for an extra fee. Rooms are open to the outside with the old fashioned individual heating units that you can never seem to get at the right temperature. As a woman traveler I feel safer staying in a hotel with enclosed hallways. I did call and request to borrow a hairdryer (which they brought to me promptly) but it was a wall unit hairdryer (unmounted), it was grimy, and was crusted in lint/hair/dirt in the heating element vent thingy. Blankets and bed covers looked new, but were soiled/burned/dirty -- not sure what the deal was. So I did my best to cocoon myself with the ragged edged sheets on the bed. This is really more of an extended stay property and several of the guests I encountered were definitely from the rough side of the tracks and downright weird. Oh, and the TV remote needed new batteries. Ugh.

I even considered canceling my room and getting another place on my own dime, but could not cancel the reservation as it had been made by my host through Expedia -- and needed to be canceled through Expedia.

Overall, I thought it was pretty gross. Wished my host had given me a budget and let me book my own room via Hotwire or Priceline. Room rate was like $72/night. I'm sure I could have found better -- and safer.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2010

The room looks a little old on the inside, but it has been painted and updated. The outside looks sharp. The king sized bed was very comfortable, as were the pillows. The room has a kitchenette with a medium sized refrig, a sink, a toaster, a two-eyed stove and microwave. Utensils were provided, but no dishes. Soap is provided, but no shampoo. There is a bar with two chairs. There is also a comfortable chair and ottoman. The carpet was in fair to good condition.

Since it is an extended stay place, they do not clean your room daily (only once a week). However, you can get fresh towels daily, but you have to go by the office to pick them up. Since I was there only two nights, I did not have to do that. That could be aggravating for families or someone staying longer.

The TV is not a flat screen, but it was very plain 27 inch TV. The heat and air worked well, although the vents on the ceiling had rust and looked old. Wireless internet is available for a one time fee of $4.99.

The location is on a street just off of 280 where numerous food places are within minutes. But the street is very, very quiet.

The best part of the room was the cleanliness. It could not have been any cleaner.

This was a close call between 3 and 4 stars. I dropped it to 3 because of the place being a little dated and the lack of daily in-room towel exchange. But it is a very clean place and the price cannot be beat.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business