All reviewsgranola barsair worked wellcoffee potfront officeroom was cleanbooked this hotelbath towelsroad tripwould stay againstaff was very friendly
Reviewed July 3, 2008

A reasonable hotel for a place to sleep. It certainly isn't fancy but it was reasonably clean and the staff was friendly. I would stay there again when in Birmingham if I needed a place to sleep without much more than that.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 4, 2007

My boys (age 14 & 7) and I made reservations to stay here 3 months in advance for a room with a king bed. When we arrived they said it wasn't available. I was stuck because this was the weekend of the NASCAR race in Talladega. Everything was booked. They offered us 2 rooms with queen beds for the price of what we reserved about 4 rooms apart. Not a bad deal although I wanted us all together. So, we accepted. Both rooms stunk of cigarette smoke. Now after a month I see on my credit card bill that I was charged for both rooms. We called them on it and it looks like I'm stuck again. They are refusing to reimburse us. What a lousey buisness to treat customers this way.

Stayed: April 2007
Reviewed April 3, 2007

Good choice for the money! The staff was very friendly, rooms clean and the location was perfect. The area is in a safe part of town with lots of nearby restaurants and quick access to highways.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed February 13, 2005

I've stayed at this hotel in April each of the past 3 years, and each time found the place clean and comfortable as expected. Fortunately, I had reservations, as the hotel was sold out for each year, and even under the busy circumstances, I found the staff helpful and pleasant. I've been in the travel industry almost 20 years and part of my job is to do site inspections for prospective groups, and I would recommend this property to customers and friends.

3  Thank Connector24763
Reviewed July 11, 2004

I made the reservation through Yahoo! Travel, for a non-smoking queen room. Upon arrival, we were given the card key to what was supposed to be our room by a very non-personable member of the staff. When we opened the door to our room, the couple occupying the room, as well as ourselves, were in for a surprise. (Thank goodness they did not have a gun or were not in a compromising situation.) The gentleman that was in the room telephoned the front desk and informed them of the situation. We were given another room. Upon returning to our room after dinner, I discovered there was no hot water! I telephoned the front desk and was told they would investigate the problem. The problem could not be solved since the maintenance man would not be available until 8:00 the next morning. After pressing the issue, we were offered another room. (I was also told that since I made the reservation through an internet site, the hotel was not able to offer any discounts or reimbursements.) The third room was filthy and the bathroom floor and counter were covered with hair from the previous occupant! However, at this point, I was exhausted and did not want to go through another episode with the hotel staff. After this experience, I will never stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: July 2004