“Great for the Price!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #53 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great for the Price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

The prices are awesome. The staff is really friendly. They have a free breakfast in the morning that consists of fruit, granola bars, oatmeal and muffins. The staff is great and you cannot beat the price especially if you have to stay for about a week because you do get a discount. The only downside was that the people across the hall from me fell asleep while cooking and the fire alarms went off and we had to go outside. But that is not the fault of the hotel....it is the fault of the people who stay there being a little irresponsible.

Room Tip: I was downstairs and it will still quiet. No problems. All rooms are nonsmoking I believe.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for posting such an awesome review, to use your words. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our friendly staff and free breakfast. I'm also happy to hear you enjoyed our low rates for extended stays, although we do have a low nightly rate as well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Antelope Valley, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I've stayed at this property several times when it as Homestead Suites. Within two and half miles after turning right onto Highway 280, you will find many restaurants and stores. You can buy fresh fruit and vegetables at the Publix market. Avoid the morning and afternoon commuter traffic on 280.

There are two restaurants within steps of the hotel. Surin280 features a menu full of delectable Thai and Japanese food. You can watch sports at The Tilted Kilt. A Cracker Barrel is not far.

On this trip in mid-September 2013, my wife and I experienced a few problems which were quickly remedied by the polite, friendly staff. We traded a defective iron for a good working iron. The office staff quickly replaced the missing hair drier. The maintenance man offered to
repair the defective electrical outlet in the bathroom.

I turned off my computer several times because of the slow internet connection. We had to buy hangers at Walmart as there were none in our closet. There was a bit of dust on the bathroom fixtures.

We loved the comfortable, firm bed. We awoke refreshed and pain free. Pillows varied in size and firmness. The colors and flooring of our clean, fresh room reminded us of home. There wasn't hint of tobacco stink to despoil our experience.

I love sports, but I would have traded a few ESPNs for a couple of movie channels. We caught one good movie on Showtime.

We liked the full kitchen and large refrigerator. It allowed my wife to cook up breakfast and dinner. The refrigerator kept our fruit, snacks, my beer cold.

At night, we walked around the hotel for exercise. We discovered a family of cats and a raccoon that live in the creek next to the hotel. The terrain is hilly, so we got a good workout.

The hotel staff, from the front desk, to the maintenance guy, to the house keepers were professional, polite, and helpful. They personified southern hospitality. Aside from a few minor glitches, we enjoyed our stay and will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that had been remodeled. An overpowering, musty odor drove us out of the first room w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We are excited to know you loved our comfortable and firm beds. It is also good to hear that our room colors and flooring of your clean and fresh room reminded you of home. I'm also glad to hear that your wife was able to do some cooking with the assistance of our full kitchen and refrigerator. The fact that we exemplified southern hospitality for you means we have succeeded.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

One sentence is "I love this hotel and the great staff!" Please stay and see for yourself and you too will be impressed. The rates are great for the quality of service and I felt like I was staying at a resort 5 star hotel. There hotel is worth so much more than they charge.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for your glowing review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you loved our hotel and our rates. Also, I am pleased to hear that you found our staff to be courteous and friendly.

Foley, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I went and stayed one night at the hotel and the exact same problem I had back in October I had again... I shouldn't have hair in the tub and on the bathroom floor TWICE... That's ridiculous... Oh and you better pay with a card because the cashier shorted me $10... I didn't go through my papers until I got home... So I called the hotel that night and spoke with someone... She said she would have manager call me. I waited all day. He didn't call me until I gave his hotel a 7 on their website. In so many words he basically said I was lying about the $10. I mean I kno its only $10, but it was mine... He said he would refund me, but today made a week I checked out from there and haven't seen anything...

• Stayed September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I sincerely apologize that you found hair in your tub and on the bathroom floor. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are triple-checking all of our floors for any possible remaining hair in the bathroom area to prevent this in the future. As we discussed on the phone earlier, we took your word on the missing $10 and mailed it the day we found out and we are sorry you had to go through that.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we plan on your third time and future stays at our hotel to be great stays should you return. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Ellijay, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

This facility will be fine if you are a smoker. Our non smoking room reeked of stale smoke. AC smelled of stale smoke as well. Carpet was worn with chunks laying around on the floor. Bathroom worked fine. Service is very good.

Room Tip: If you want non smoking, ask for a room that has always been non smoking. This hotel had a former li...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brother-Bobs
Baltimore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I'm the leader of a large group who were on our way to Jackson MS doing a Civil Rights tour - 13 teens and adults. We had a snafu about the booking (rooms and dates wrong - something got lost in the conversation!) but it was clearly settled by Scott and we didn't look back. Breakfast at the mini-bar at the lobby is more than adequate to get you going; beds and rooms are excellent; no 'dodgy' customers around. With teens, you might feel that we were going to have a hard time, but we were put as close together as possible (despite the snafu about the booking) and it worked out fine. 2 nights and we'd stay again... Great job!.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Glenda - Thank you for your glowing review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast as well as your rooms. I am very sorry that there was an error with your original reservation; however, it is great to know that our staff easily corrected it, and in a timely manner. We hope you all enjoyed the civil rights tour!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Whn we arrived to the hotel, we had been on the hwy all nite n day. It ws a relief to hv the front desk to call 30-45 mins to see if we needed anything. We informed the kind gentleman of the extra towels and ironing board and he brought the items to our door within 20 mins. It ws great not to have to go down to the front desk ourselves to pick up the items. Later that night, after church, we needed extra blankets and that was delivered in record time. I enjoyed my stay there and will probably go back. They rooms were not crowded, beds were comfortable, and kitchenette was very convenient. Keep up the good work guys!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a terrific stay with us. Thank you for your comments. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our property so much.