“Hopefully the third time is a charm...”

Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South
Ranked #53 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Foley, Alabama
“Hopefully the third time is a charm...”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I went and stayed one night at the hotel and the exact same problem I had back in October I had again... I shouldn't have hair in the tub and on the bathroom floor TWICE... That's ridiculous... Oh and you better pay with a card because the cashier shorted me $10... I didn't go through my papers until I got home... So I called the hotel that night and spoke with someone... She said she would have manager call me. I waited all day. He didn't call me until I gave his hotel a 7 on their website. In so many words he basically said I was lying about the $10. I mean I kno its only $10, but it was mine... He said he would refund me, but today made a week I checked out from there and haven't seen anything...

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I sincerely apologize that you found hair in your tub and on the bathroom floor. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are triple-checking all of our floors for any possible remaining hair in the bathroom area to prevent this in the future. As we discussed on the phone earlier, we took your word on the missing $10 and mailed it the day we found out and we are sorry you had to go through that.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we plan on your third time and future stays at our hotel to be great stays should you return. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ellijay, Georgia
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This facility will be fine if you are a smoker. Our non smoking room reeked of stale smoke. AC smelled of stale smoke as well. Carpet was worn with chunks laying around on the floor. Bathroom worked fine. Service is very good.

Room Tip: If you want non smoking, ask for a room that has always been non smoking. This hotel had a former li...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brother-Bobs
Baltimore
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I'm the leader of a large group who were on our way to Jackson MS doing a Civil Rights tour - 13 teens and adults. We had a snafu about the booking (rooms and dates wrong - something got lost in the conversation!) but it was clearly settled by Scott and we didn't look back. Breakfast at the mini-bar at the lobby is more than adequate to get you going; beds and rooms are excellent; no 'dodgy' customers around. With teens, you might feel that we were going to have a hard time, but we were put as close together as possible (despite the snafu about the booking) and it worked out fine. 2 nights and we'd stay again... Great job!.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Glenda - Thank you for your glowing review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast as well as your rooms. I am very sorry that there was an error with your original reservation; however, it is great to know that our staff easily corrected it, and in a timely manner. We hope you all enjoyed the civil rights tour!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Whn we arrived to the hotel, we had been on the hwy all nite n day. It ws a relief to hv the front desk to call 30-45 mins to see if we needed anything. We informed the kind gentleman of the extra towels and ironing board and he brought the items to our door within 20 mins. It ws great not to have to go down to the front desk ourselves to pick up the items. Later that night, after church, we needed extra blankets and that was delivered in record time. I enjoyed my stay there and will probably go back. They rooms were not crowded, beds were comfortable, and kitchenette was very convenient. Keep up the good work guys!

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a terrific stay with us. Thank you for your comments. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our property so much.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Apartment style rooms with full kitchen and within walking distance of two restaurants. Grocery and Starbucks down the street and close to town....Comfortable, safe and cozy! Staff is fantastic and I was extremely pleased with everything.

Room Tip: I like the upstairs, but if you have a problem with stairs, you can park in front and walk right int...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
The team and I appreciate your oustanding remarks. We are excited to know you love Extended Stay America. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Booked on Hotwire for a great price. I was a little hesitant, but decided to go ahead and book the room. MAN, I was very surprised when we got to the hotel.

Our check in person, Miesha, was fantastic and then when we got to the room I was surprised again. Plus Extended Stay has a policy of calling the room to make sure everything was satisfactory! Needless to say, we will use Extended Stay, Birmingham, AL again. Great job!!! A+++++

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff was able to attend to all of your needs, especially Miesha. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us.

Colombia
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Been here was not really bad.
Good location near to some restaurants, walking distance to restaurants.
Room price was OK.

However, you have to pay extra if need to clean your room, they do it weekely.
Front desk people was nice.

It does not have any in restaurant inside complex.

Room Tip: Bring coins to do laundry.. front desk sometimes does/does not have them.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Juan - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so glad that you found our location to be convenient, within walking distance of restaurants. As well, I am very happy that our staff took such great care of you. Still, I apologize that our housekeeping policy did not meet your expectations. Guests are able to have additional services upon request for a minimal fee.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at HW2@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.