Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South
Ranked #51 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
“Fantastic”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Apartment style rooms with full kitchen and within walking distance of two restaurants. Grocery and Starbucks down the street and close to town....Comfortable, safe and cozy! Staff is fantastic and I was extremely pleased with everything.

Room Tip: I like the upstairs, but if you have a problem with stairs, you can park in front and walk right int...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
The team and I appreciate your oustanding remarks. We are excited to know you love Extended Stay America. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Booked on Hotwire for a great price. I was a little hesitant, but decided to go ahead and book the room. MAN, I was very surprised when we got to the hotel.

Our check in person, Miesha, was fantastic and then when we got to the room I was surprised again. Plus Extended Stay has a policy of calling the room to make sure everything was satisfactory! Needless to say, we will use Extended Stay, Birmingham, AL again. Great job!!! A+++++

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff was able to attend to all of your needs, especially Miesha. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us.

Colombia
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Been here was not really bad.
Good location near to some restaurants, walking distance to restaurants.
Room price was OK.

However, you have to pay extra if need to clean your room, they do it weekely.
Front desk people was nice.

It does not have any in restaurant inside complex.

Room Tip: Bring coins to do laundry.. front desk sometimes does/does not have them.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Juan - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so glad that you found our location to be convenient, within walking distance of restaurants. As well, I am very happy that our staff took such great care of you. Still, I apologize that our housekeeping policy did not meet your expectations. Guests are able to have additional services upon request for a minimal fee.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at HW2@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Florence, Alabama
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This location is real nice,The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable.Also the price I paid was well within my budget. Overall I would recommend this Hotel to anyone that is traveling thru the Birmingham,Alabama area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Daryl W
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Please allow us to thank you for your business and recent review of our Extended Stay America Birmingham Perimeter Park South location. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Whenever we read positive comments like yours, particularly about great guest service and cleanliness, our entire staff appreciates the proclamation of a job well done. Our goal is to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area and we sincerely appreciate all of your kind words.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This place used to be a Homestead Inn and it was always nice. Extended Stay apparently purchased it and renovated it, not that it needed renovation. They put new beds in and new bed coverings, started offering a semi breakfast-coffee, breakfast bars, muffins. Raised the price a little but not enough to hurt.

The staff is really friendly, great sense of humor. The location is great. Close to I 459 which takes you to almost anywhere in Birminham. It's located off Hwy 280 which is famous for traffic jams but close enough to 459 that it's not an issue. There are plenty of good restaurants within a mile and a Target super store within a half mile if you want to stock up on food for an extended stay.

Great thing is most of the people who stay here stay on a regular basis and everyone knows everyone. Another nice touch is they let you set up a BBQ grill as long as it's not close to the buildings.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TOM S
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
First and foremost, please allow us to thank you for your repeat business at our Extended Stay America Birmingham Perimeter Park location. As stated in your very rewarding review, we have indeed added several new amenities along with numerous companywide initiatives to better serve the needs of our guests. This includes new bedding, flat screen TV's, brighter lighting and our Grab and Go breakfast as you mentioned. It's always satisfying to read uplifting feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy guests. That's why our largest asset is our loyal base just like you. We are firmly committed to guest satisfaction with clean effective rooms at an affordable rate and were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. Coupled with our staff providing professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest we understand this offer is compelling. Once again, thank you.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I don't expect the Ritz when I pay less than $50.00 a night for a room. My room was clean. I don't really expect them to clean the carpets or paint the walls prior to my arrival. The bed was fine. In fact, I didn't even want to get out of bed in the morning. I have tender skin and did not find the sheets to be stiff or itchy. Sure, the towels might have been nicer and bigger but they did the trick for me. They didn't wrap around me like my big ones at home but I don't expect them to have $50.00 bath towels. Especially since so many people steal them. The staff was very helpful- Debbie and Jewel particularly nice. I was traveling alone and Jewel put me across from the office & told me the manager lives on the premises and walks the grounds at night and the police patrol it 3 times. I felt very reassured from this. It was nice and quiet - off the main road & the other patrons weren't rowdy- a lot of them were construction workers. It was nice to have the fridge and stove. I only used the fridge the store the food from the Tilted Kilt restaurant to eat the next night - portions were huge. Other restaurant is Thai. Internet was free and fast like Tom S. says. I was at a conference at the Hilton - I would have paid 150.00 a night to stay there- but I stayed a one minute drive away and paid less than 1/3 of that a night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank b e
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Please allow us to thank for your business and for such a positive review of our Extended Stay America Perimeter Park South location. Whenever we read comments like yours, particularly about great guest service and cleanliness, our entire staff appreciates the proclamation of a job well done. We too appreciate the quiet comfortable surroundings and close proximity to local area restaurants and are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our top priority.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area and we sincerely appreciate all of your kind words.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Room feels dirty to me. Bed is horrible. Feels like you are laying on a rock. The sheets are stiff and itchy. Towels and tags are stiff and scratchy. The rag was so bad it scrubbed my face dry even though I wasn't trying to scrub. By far the worst room I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Mary W
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Birmingham - Perimeter Park South . Providing for your satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is our primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, we offer you our sincerest apology.

We also understand that you have many lodging options, so we strive to set ourselves apart from the competition by offering clean, comfortable suites at an affordable price. We know that a comfortable bed is our guest's most valued amenity, which is why we poll our guests on their satisfaction with our bedding. Although our company regularly invests in bedding upgrades, including pillow top mattresses, to respond to customer preferences, we need to keep getting feedback like yours in order to steer us in the right direction. We assure you that our hotel and all Extended Stay America locations will continue to invest in our guest's comfort.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, we apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. We do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.