All reviewsgranola barsair worked wellcoffee potfront officeroom was cleanbooked this hotelbath towelsroad tripwould stay againstaff was very friendly
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The room was cleaner than some 3 or 4 star hotels that I have paid a lot more for. The desk service was excellent and friendly. The noise level was good that I did not hear the people above me even though we knew they were up when we made a late arrival as quietly as we could. Check- in and check-out were very smooth. Overall a good deal for the money for a first try at an extended stay hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Birmingham - Perimeter Park South . It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. It sounds like we hit a home run with your first experience with Extended Stay Hotels and for that we are truly grateful.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

That is my only issue with this hotel. My room had cockroaches. Other than that the place looks nice.It's a great price and the staff was friendly.Call Terminix and you won't have any bug problems. This review has to have at least 200 characters but roaches are all i have to say so blah blah blah roaches.

• Stayed: September 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings. It pleases us to know that we were able to accommodate you during your stay and that you enjoyed the property overall; however I apologize that our level of cleanliness did not meet your expectations. I have met with the entire staff to review proper cleaning procedures and inspection guidelines in order to ensure a situation like yours does not happen again.

Please know, the experience you had while staying with us is not of the norm. We are so sorry that your stay with us was not 100% satisfactory, but do hope you will stay with us again and give us a chance to show you our redoubled efforts. We look forward to having this opportunity.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We checked in on Friday the 24th around 5:30 pm. The place looked nice enough & the girl at the front desk was kind. We got to our room & it was a complete mess. It looked as though someone had lived there & just stepped out to the store & was coming back. I'm not kidding, the beds were un maid, beer bottles everywhere, & an un flushed toilet. We told the girl up front that we were going to a concert & would be back around midnight, so please get the place clean. We got back at midnight & the place had not even been looked at. Tried to find an employee & was unsuccessful. This place is a dump to say the least. My room was 304 if someone in management sees this today. Never will I return. STAY AWAY!!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Flyphisherman
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel. Hearing that we failed to provide you with complete guest satisfaction and most importantly a clean, affordable room is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Please understand that we maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system, which you experienced during check in. Upon realizing this, we did promise to move you to another room upon return from the concert and offered you a voucher to stay with us again complimentary. Please know how sorry we are that we did communicate the room change to you properly; we would never ask our guests to return to a dirty room, but rather had a new one ready for you.

In response to your comments about cleanliness, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve.

Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

room was adequately clean, could be better. needs updated bedspreads, curtains, etc. Decent area, LOTS of traffic. Biggest complaint---only a few tv channels and WiFi was horrible. If your a business travel and need WiFi, go somewhere else. Front desk employees were a bit snotty, but not very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank sandpipersally
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

Given how many business travelers depend on us for fast, reliable internet access, we think that our investment into our internet networks is a wise one and are continually exploring new avenues for improvement in both speed and accessibility. I assure you that I take your comments very seriously, and that we will continue to invest in reliable wireless Internet access for our guests.

We continually poll our guests on their preferences for television channels, and use this feedback to choose programming that is most likely to satisfy. Although we strive to provide our guests with a great selection of viewing opportunities, we understand that you were looking for more. Rest assured that your feedback is very valuable to us and will be used in making future decisions.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Unmatched cleanliness, quality and price. I will stay with Homestead anytime I have the choice.

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank MarineOne77
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Whenever we read comments like yours our entire staff appreciates the proclamation of a job well done. Given your positive feedback regarding the cleanliness of our Hotel and guest room, we will certainly celebrate with our associates. Our goal is to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Having Homestead Studio Suites Birmingham Perimeter Park South as a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service and a clean affordable room is our top priority.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thank you for all of your very kind words.