“Good price, ok rooms-Poor Wi-Fi and not many TV channels”

Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South
Ranked #47 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Tampa, Florida
“Good price, ok rooms-Poor Wi-Fi and not many TV channels”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

room was adequately clean, could be better. needs updated bedspreads, curtains, etc. Decent area, LOTS of traffic. Biggest complaint---only a few tv channels and WiFi was horrible. If your a business travel and need WiFi, go somewhere else. Front desk employees were a bit snotty, but not very friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank sandpipersally
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

Given how many business travelers depend on us for fast, reliable internet access, we think that our investment into our internet networks is a wise one and are continually exploring new avenues for improvement in both speed and accessibility. I assure you that I take your comments very seriously, and that we will continue to invest in reliable wireless Internet access for our guests.

We continually poll our guests on their preferences for television channels, and use this feedback to choose programming that is most likely to satisfy. Although we strive to provide our guests with a great selection of viewing opportunities, we understand that you were looking for more. Rest assured that your feedback is very valuable to us and will be used in making future decisions.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Unmatched cleanliness, quality and price. I will stay with Homestead anytime I have the choice.

• Stayed April 2012
4 Thank MarineOne77
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Whenever we read comments like yours our entire staff appreciates the proclamation of a job well done. Given your positive feedback regarding the cleanliness of our Hotel and guest room, we will certainly celebrate with our associates. Our goal is to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Having Homestead Studio Suites Birmingham Perimeter Park South as a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service and a clean affordable room is our top priority.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thank you for all of your very kind words.
Alabama
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I booked an extended stay at Homestead Perimeter Park in Birmingham AL right off HWY 280. This was a big mistake and I would not stay here again and probably not trust this Hotel chain again either. My room was dirty and poorly maintained, the entire property appeared to be poorly maintained. There were cob webs and major dust on lamps, pictures, TV and in closets. There were stains on doors and walls. The fridge and strove were not well maintained. There was a piece of one cabinet that kept falling off. The room smelled badly as well and even though it was a "non Smoking" room I found a dirty ashtray in the room. When someone smoked in other rooms the smoke smell flitered into my room. The toaster was dirty and disgusting. They has WI-FI but it was lousy with slow connection and service level. The only thing decent about the hotel was the front office staff who were always pleasant. Avoid this dump at all costs.

Room Tip: Avoid this dump.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed January 31, 2012

For 49.99 the room can not be beat. You aren't getting luxury, but my room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Having a full kitchen was an added convenience. I would stay here again if I returned to Birmingham. The hotel is in a great location with a few restaurants in walking distance and many more close by.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank duluth1200
Bay Springs, MS
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Nice clean room and nice kitchenette with dishes and pans in upscale (and safe) location of city. However my stay revealed some concerns. Wait time at the desk is slow and they seem to usually operate with one desk attendant only. Bringing some towels back later in the evening for their exchange caused the staff person to comment that they "usuallty don't do this past 11pm." Well there is an employee there so what's the objection all about? The bathroom had no hair dryer as has become standard for all decent hotels so this was an unexpected disappointing surprise. They were quite full and their parking situation caused me to have to park quite a ways away from my room in cold weather. Overall I got a very nice price for my stay but would rather have not run into these kinds of irritations and inconveniences.

Room Tip: Ask about the parking where your room is and request to be located where the parking won't force...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jim L
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Excellent location, it was easy to locate, the staff was friendly and professional, and the room was clean. I was surprised that there were no disposable cups for the bathroom, and coffee was not provided in this extended stay hotel. There were no grab bars in the shower, which was not good for me with some physical problems I have. Other guests stayed up partying into the wee hours, which would have bothered me if I had gone to sleep early.

It is fine is you're taking your own groceries, but it was not for me. I found it using Priceline, which was a mistake. I am a budget traveler, but I could have done better myself.

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Ireland, West Virginia
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay. The staff was very friendly. They really went above and beyond. It helped my family feel at home. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The breakfast was totally "awesome". Location was also great.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family