“Avoid if you have special requirements”

Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South
Ranked #53 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Atlanta, Georgia
“Avoid if you have special requirements”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

Excellent location, it was easy to locate, the staff was friendly and professional, and the room was clean. I was surprised that there were no disposable cups for the bathroom, and coffee was not provided in this extended stay hotel. There were no grab bars in the shower, which was not good for me with some physical problems I have. Other guests stayed up partying into the wee hours, which would have bothered me if I had gone to sleep early.

It is fine is you're taking your own groceries, but it was not for me. I found it using Priceline, which was a mistake. I am a budget traveler, but I could have done better myself.

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ireland, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay. The staff was very friendly. They really went above and beyond. It helped my family feel at home. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The breakfast was totally "awesome". Location was also great.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Frank M
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

Stayed at Homestead on solo trip to wedding. For $45, you can't get better location with relatively clean accommodations. Room had full kitchen, although I didn't use it. Only issue is that it is understaffed. When I arrived, had to wait 20 minutes before front desk staff came back to office from doing something else on site.

Room Tip: All rooms are exterior entrance, "motel-style." So think about location re: parking lot an...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank nctraveller4
Fairhope, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2011

This hotel was clean, friendly personnel, and I was satisfied overall with every aspect of my stay there. Everything worked great. I slept really good and was comfortable with the heating.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Shantilley
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2010

First of all, I want to point out that I do NOT expect 5 star facility when paying for a 2 star. However, I DO expect hygienic and clean facility. This place was sorely lacking in that area. I want to give as detailed account as I possibly can, because I could not believe that hotels this disgusting can charge $55 a night:

1) I found a toenail in the bed
2) The toilet had dust and scum on it
3) The chair in the kitchen was sticky (probably someone spilled syrup at one point and the housekeeping staff did not notice it)
4) And the worst of it all, the towels were stained and had pubic hair embedded in the fibers

In all my years of traveling, I could not believe how disgusting this place was. I stayed in cleaner places when I traveled in Africa.

Furthermore, the internet was so slow and some pages would not load.

I would gladly pay a little more to get a cleaner place. If having a clean place is important to you (as it should be to everyone), I recommend you look elsewhere. It is NOT worth the savings.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Fort Walton beach
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

The first room was dirty. The sheets were not clean or the bathrooms. The toliet had pee on it. So they moved is to another room which smelled like poop!! There was no cable in this room so I could not watch tv. I was up very late because the bed were so old and uncomfortble and pillow were old and lumpy!! It would have been nice to be able to watch tv!! I will NEVER be back!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2010

At $50 a night, I'm willing to be a bit forgiving. But no forgiveness was needed for this location. The WiFi was really fast--like being home!--and the kitchen was well-supplied. I care about cleanliness, a good, strong shower, location, helpful staff, and price, and I was completely satisfied on all counts. Be aware the bed in my room was very stiff. I have trouble sleeping due to fibromyalgia, so I always travel with my own air bed--therefore, the hardness of the hotel's bed didn't matter to me. (Some folks like hard beds, but I don't.) I advise using good earplugs like Hearos because the potential for noise in this location is there, but I didn't have any problems at all. Would I stay again? In a Birmingham ;-) minute! I also plan to check out other locations in this chain on a future road trip I plan to take in August. The prices are right, and when you're on a road trip, having a kitchen is so important.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Travelers also viewed these Birmingham hotels
Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Inverness
Country Inn & Suite Birmingham - Hoover
Hampton Inn Birmingham-Colonnade 280
La Quinta Inn Birmingham / Cahaba Park South
Quality Inn & Suites Birmingham Highway 280
Hilton Birmingham Perimeter Park

Been to Extended Stay America - Birmingham - Perimeter Park South? Share your experiences!