“Quiet and a good value.”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #51 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This little hotel is an undiscovered gem. Central location for metro Birmingham. Have stayed here twice before and have another trip planned for next week. Area is quiet, hotel room is clean and I feel safe staying here. Easy access to I-65. Staff is helpful, some good restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
ComfortInnHomewood, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Thank you for responding to a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this location before, and when we compared prices we decided to stay again. It's only a few minutes south of downtown and in a decent neighborhood on the edge of Homewood.

Since last year, the place is cleaner and quieter (though it was not lacking before). The desk staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The room was spotless, and did not stink of cleaners and deodorizers like so many motel rooms. The bathroom was small but in great shape. Heat/AC worked well and was reasonably quiet and modern. If I have any complaint it's that the beds are a bit hard.

Breakfast was typical Comfort Inn: cereals, breads, pastries, a waffle maker, plus eggs and sausage; not bad, but not particularly good. I think it's about time for the chain to rethink their offerings.

We'll continue to stay here when we come to Birmingham.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
ComfortInnHomewood, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and will continue to stay with us while in Birmingham.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Thanks,

Reviewed April 9, 2013

A winner in Choice Hotel chain! ! Good location for RTJ Golf Trail & local sites. Clean, comfortable & helpful staff. Scott & Amy @ were particularly helpful in setting up Wifi & printing directions to local dies. Miss Mildred keeps a clean kitchen & eating area. We'll be back for another stay when we come thru Birmingham!

Title your review - If you could say it in one sentence, what would you say?

• Stayed: April 2013
ComfortInnHomewood, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

We appreciate the kind comments you shared with others regarding our hotel and its staff. I have shared your feedback with Scottie and Amy and they join me in thanking you for the generous words you had to say.
I hope you had a great game of Golf, and look forward to seeing you the next time you visit RTJ.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Stay for one night. I choose this hotel because it is close to the airport and it is within the perdiem range. Scott made the checkin process a breeze. The rooms are standard room, not fancy but pretty clean. The carpet probably need to be change. Some spots and the thread kind off fraying. I did not stay for breakfast becsuse my flight was early.this property located near a few restsurant and sbout 15 minutes to the airport.

• Stayed: February 2013

I am glad you chose to stay with us and I'm happy to hear that you was pleased with our hotel and staff. I shared your feedback with Scottie and he joins me in thanking you for the kind words you shared about him. Scottie is a great Front Desk Representative. We are happy to have him at our hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again when you are traveling through Birmingham.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The hotel all in all is good, although I would not give it 5 stars. The staff is professional and nice, check-in is fast. The breakfast is standard Choice Hotels fare. Rooms are clean and beds are nice. There are, however, a few problems. The first being the internet, there is no cable ethernet and the wi-fi is slow and cuts out intermittently for periods of time. The water heater seems to be on it's last leg, we had only cold water one morning for showers. The structural details in the rooms are not up to par: roofs sags, drywall falling out, floors uneven. It is sad kinda, because it seems that the former Ramada Inn did not take care of the hotel at all, and now Choice Hotels has to fix all the problems it is plagued with. Still with all the problems it is not a bad hotel to stay in, just not worth the price paid.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. On behalf of the hotel, please allow me to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. However, I would like to mention that our hotel has gone through some major renovations since your last stay.

I would like to welcome you to come stay with us again to see all the upgrades that we've made. I assure you, you will not be disappointed.

We hope that you will give us another chance to show you everything that has taken place, and to provide you with the upmost Guest Services for the Comfort Inn Hotel.

Thank you, hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

One of the better Comfort Inn's I have stayed with. Scottie at the front desk was terrific, great recommendations for dining :-) Rooms were clean. My only complaint was the internet connection was just awful. Scottie was able to help somewhat, but it was in and out the entire stay. I usually have several hours of work at the end of my day, so this was very frustrating. I will definately stay here again though.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for completing the online review on Trip Advisor. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel for the poor internet service. However, I am excited to tell you that since this review, we have changed our internet service providers and you would be amazed at the difference.
Please give us another chance to provide you with excellent service.

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We traveled 7 hours and arrived at hotel to find out there was no hot water in hotel. We were told it would be repaired Saturday morning but we woke up to another cold shower to start our day. Not at all how all 4 of us wanted to start the day. When we returned to hotel around 6:30pm we ask about water situation and were told it had just been repaired and would have hot water in 20 min. That's more than 24 hours that it took to repair. The slap in the face was when we were charged a full price on our bill. When we had to ask about a discount for the inconvenience then women was rude and only offer a 25.00 discount toward our total bill. We only had hot water 1 of 2 nights and had 4 people that had to take cold cold showers!! VERY RUDE SERVICE at this hotel!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family