“Average zoo”
Review of Birmingham Zoo

Birmingham Zoo
Ranked #8 of 95 things to do in Birmingham
More attraction details
Owner description: Watch sea lions being trained and fed, zip around on the Zoo Train, hop on the carousel, check out the alligator swamp and tropical rain forest: all this and more are offered at this educational and entertaining zoo housing 170 animals from around the world, including endangered species.
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We felt like this zoo is a little old and worn out. Many of the exhibits were empty. We happened to go on half price Tuesday which I am glad of. Not too much to say about it.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

This is a nice little zoo for Alabama. If you have been to a zoo in one of the major cities then you will definitely be disappointed. Tickets are a little pricey as well.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Ever since I was a toddler, this place has been my fantasy! I remember crawling along the steps just to peek around the corners at the animals that I wasn't so sure were real! I just LOVED this place! My dad had to explain to me how many of these animals came from around the world just to come HERE to see us children. It was wonderful!!! And today it has grown to become one of the most wonderful zoo's in the Country!!! If you live in Alabama, or not, bring your children here. It's a fantasy they will never forget!!!

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

There were quite a few exhibits closed and construction going on but despite all that... myself, 4yr old daughter and 19 month old son made a day of it and had a blast. Summer time will make for a better visit I'm sure.
Still...great time, good place for small children. :)

Reviewed March 11, 2014

My sister and I visited the zoo while in Birmingham. I am a kid at heart and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED seeing all of the animals. I was a little surprised to find that there were no bears at the zoo. And also a little disappointed that all of the animals were caged. I guess I was comparing it to the Atlanta Zoo, where the animals are allowed to roam around in more of a "natural habitat."

Patrons are not allowed to bring food into the zoo because the signs say that food is for sale inside the zoo. However, none of the food places were open. The signs said they would reopen in the spring. I would suggest bringing in a few snacks if you visit.