“Clean, Convenient, Comfortable, Quiet - Perfect”

Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/280 East-Eagle Point
Ranked #4 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Pike Road, AL
“Clean, Convenient, Comfortable, Quiet - Perfect”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was the PERFECT stay for my daughter & myself - overnight for a horse show. We arrived in the late afternoon with an easy check-in, coffee & cookies in the lobby. The room was very clean, comfortable, and quiet. The lobby had football games playing and bowls of fruit and snacks set out. Our group was able to enjoy some of the games together and in comfort. The breakfast is quite good and a bonus for us was the sturdy to-go coffee cups and oatmeal bowls - they clearly understand sometimes you have to eat and run.

This is one of the best places to stay for the price. The staff was very professional. Well done!

Room Tip: Third floor over the pool - could hear some pool noise but was quiet during the night.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Trussville, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our wedding night before leaving for the honeymoon. The hotel was a great value. It was clean and cozy. But it was by far the friendly staff that made the night so memorable for us. They offered us an upgraded room, late check-out, and were more than happy to take care of any request or need we had.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Covington, GA, United States
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I used some Hilton Honors points w some money to book a one night stay for the Mayweather fight. This was a last minute overnight trip and I blindly chose this place. The rooms were clean, FREE breakfast (which is hard to come by these days), and the staff was courteous. I noticed that the shower had not been cleaned out and once I reported it, we were put in another room. The location was also great and had shopping and plenty of eating establishments around. They have a workout area too which I should have asked about before I got there so I could have used it. All in all I was satisfied with this location. Side note: I noticed that the bathroom only had a shower, so if you must use an actual tub, this may not be the place for you. I'm not sure if other rooms have a full bathtub/shower combo.***ask before you book***

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had never stayed overnight in AL before and was unfamiliar with the area as a result. I relied rather heavily on budget as well as the tripadvisor reviews I read about to choose this hotel. I was a little concerned it was only a 2 star hotel, but it was an excellent stay and I was pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and had everything I needed. It was modern and updated. Breakfast the next morning was fast and had a few hot items including eggs, hash browns and bacon, which was a pleasant surprise. The hotel was a bit off the beaten path from a highway perspective, but feeling safe and comfortable away from home and on a budget, is worth the extra time and mileage in my book. There are a lot of restaurants behind the hotel, as well as a Publix and a movie theater, which was also great for visitors, if you had the time. I didn't have the time on this trip, but I appreciated having the options. I would go out of my way to stay at this hotel in the future, and I recommend you do the same.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Michelle B
Mobile, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This hotel is wonderful. This hotel is in a great location. Near several places to eat, within all budgets and tastes. Very convenient to the Summit. It is clean an quiet. We even stayed an extra night!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Roger R
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

outstanding hotel, zero issues checking in and the room are very clean. The breakfast is amazing, cook to order food with great area to sit and enjoy it.

Hampton just knows what great service means!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Powder Springs, Georgia
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My mom and I stayed overnight here so I could have cosmetic surgery down the street. She was hesitant because it was only a 2 star but she changed her mind pretty quick. The room was very nice and comfortable, the woman who check us in was very sweet. She even looked up movie listings for me, And the breakfast was quite delicious, I'd definitely stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family