Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/280 East-Eagle Point
Ranked #3 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Atlanta, GA
“Perfect”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Single overnight stay here while in town for business. Newer facility. Lobby and breakfast area are new, fresh, clean and modern. Check in was quick and efficient. King room featurs a decent sized desk, and single arm chair for relaxing in. Bathroom has a full sized shower; no tub. NICE. Room is clean throughout. Can't find anything wrong or out of place. The room is very quiet, aside from some drainage water heard through the pipes from someone above that decided to take a bath.

The only thing I wish this facility (and many others) would do, is to close the toilet lid in the bathroom. Everything else is arranged nicely, the toilet should look good too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DSGAtlanta_GA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Reviewed December 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I are on a road trip from San Diego to Florida with many stops along the way to see family and friends. During our voyage we have and will be staying at a few hotels that are normally outside my "comfort zone" so to speak as I'm a snob when it comes to where I take a shower, sleep and walk without shoes.

Our third hotel stay during this road trip is, luckily, following a two night stay at my folk's house, because so far this is one of the misleading ones. The reviews were said to be clean and above average. I disagree. The lobby area is welcoming. However, our room is another story. The carpet desperately needs to be cleaned. If someone had vacuumed them this week it would be a great place to start. The toilet seat was up and had a dirty ring around the bowl when I came in. The shower looks like it needs some serious Tilex and there are several boogers on the wall that need to be cleaned off. My guess is that the house keepers here may need a little shake up to remind them that cleaning is important. I don't normally take photos but I couldn't help it this time.

Considering there is so much competition in this area I am surprised to see this room in such lousy condition. The signs advertise that the sheets are so clean you'll want to sleep naked, I barely want to get naked in the shower here and will certainly be wearing flip flops when I do.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank KMWilgus
Reviewed December 8, 2012

The place was spotless and like new from the lobby, elevators, breakfast area, and rooms. Staff was so friendly and helpful. Location was great right at the end of a shopping center with a publix, multiple restaurants, movie theater and more. We had to stay there for a doctors visit for my daughter. We will have to be going back for more doctors visits and plan to stay here every time. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank HappyDadof3girls
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My business brings me to Birmingtam 5 or 6 times per year, and ever since this hotel opened i have been staying here. It is always clean, and quite. Melissa at the front desk is always smiling and makes you fell welcome durning check in. Barbara who cooks the breakfast is absolutely wonderful (i am sorry to hear due to health reason she is retiring, i will miss her) and lastly Randi at check out is extremely pleasent.
If your plans call for you to stay in Birmingham i highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark O
Linda S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/280 East-Eagle Point, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Mark O,

Thank you so much for the great review!! We appreciate you so much...I love our team of people we have here and our guests! Melissa and Randi are definately shining stars here for myself as well as our guests and I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments about them as well as the hotel! Like you, I am so sad to see Ms. Barbara leave us, she will be missed by all!
We do have a new young lady training under her that I hope will bring as much joy to the hotel as she has...

Again, thank you for this review!

Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have hotelphobia and this hotel exceeded my expectations. Staff were friendly and more than eager to accommodate.The location is ideal with plenty of restaurants surrounding the area. Clean, Clean, Clean... the hotel was clean. The layout of the room is small. The breakfast was nice, selection was varied. Did I mention the staff...I must say I have never stayed at hotel where the staff was so friendly.

The placed a note saying that staff would be leaving early due to Thanksgiving holiday. I asked the better half to inform them that we need later check out because their check out time is fairly early 11 a.m.. Needless to say he forgot. Housekeeping, though visibly annoyed with our lack of appropriate check out, maintained professionalism. I will definitely stay here again the next time I am in Alabama the staff alone makes this hotel most enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Kristina C,

Wow, what an awesome review for our hotel! I am so glad to know that your visit here exceeded your expectations and that our team of people here played a key role in your experience!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments and offer such praise for our hotel and our team!

West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was in this area for three days on business. There were not many options, but I loved this hotel. It has a very modern feel, accomplished by spending less on non-essential furniture and other "old white guy" interior decorating, and more on what people in my generation tend to care about when they travel: a good gym, coffee, a big comfy bed, wireless, a huge steam bathroom.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear LawyerMommy100,

Thank you so much for your compliments about our hotel in Birmingham! I am so glad you enjoyed all the ammenities we offer and thank you for taking the time to share!

Elk Grove, CA, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I'm here now, writing this review from the lobby. My flight out is not until 6pm and due to rain my golf round was cancelled so I was stuck with a checkout time of 11am and a flight of 6pm. I walked down and they graciously extended my checkout time to 2pm. Now I'm in the lobby catching up on some work. Staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Rooms are clean. In fact, maid service on my floor was pretty much busy the entire day cleaning the floor. Morning breakfast is standard Hampton offering, which is wonderful for this price of hotel. If I'm in the area again I will be staying here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear William A,

What a great review! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with others! I mostly hearing the wonderful comments about our team of people and always look forward to sharing these comments with them!

We will look forward to having you visit us again in the future!