Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/280 East-Eagle Point
Ranked #4 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Marietta, Georgia
“Best in class”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We stayed here recently. Had a special request for our room and Sandy at the front desk and general mgr Joe said 'no problem'. Nice amenities, very nice area. We will be back.

Room Tip: odd number room side faces back of theater building, even room number side has the prettier view.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
DeannaJones, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/280 East-Eagle Point, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Thank you for such high praises BEST IN CLASS! I'm very glad know that my Front Office Manager, Sandee, and Joe, my Maintenance Engineer, made sure that your every request was met. We look forward to having you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed October 8, 2011

We recently stayed here on a cross country trip from Texas to South Carolina. Although it was
not located on the major highway, I-20, it was well worth the few extra minutes to get there. The facility is brand new and the staff was very nice.The rooms were immaculate and quiet. A very nice breakfast buffet was served in the morning and cookies to greet us when we checked in! It is located with a multitude of shops and restaurants in the immediate area. It is actually tucked into the parking area of the shops and restaurants, your GPS will be helpful here. If you enjoy the outdoors, the facilities are located right next to a large state park area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Clazar520
KY
Reviewed September 18, 2011

This is a fantastic Hampton just off 280. This is a good option if you need to be further east on 280 as opposed to up around the 459/280 junction. Traffic on 280 is notoriously bad, so location is a big factor in determining a place to stay when your travel takes you to that part of town. There are plenty of good dining options nearby, some within walking distance.
As far as the hotel itself is concerned, it's a new property and is very clean and well maintained. The breakfast was solid and in my opinion a bit "above average" in terms of the hot items offered.
The meeting facility is adequate and roomy. The only thing we seemed to have trouble with was the thermostat and finding a comfortable temperature between too hot and too cold. But overall it's a good spot to accomodate meetings of 10-15 people.
The best thing about this place, though, for me was the staff. The front desk folks were great. I had a spot of trouble with a printer in the business center and the gentleman was super in trying to get it resolved. In the meantime, he was nice enough to let me use the computer at the front desk. The other staff members I encountered both at night and in the morning were so friendly and genuine. I got the impression that they really enjoyed talking with their guests and wanted them to feel at home. I travel frequently and am used to friendly receptions in hotels. But there is a difference between being friendly because you're supposed to be and actually displaying an attitude of hospitality. These folks get it. And because of that, this will be the first hotel I check when I'm coming to the Birmingham area.

1 Thank KentuckyPT
DeannaJones, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/280 East-Eagle Point, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Thank you IRGPT for your post! I am so glad that you'll definitely be back because we definitely enjoyed having your group here! I really appreciate hearing from such a seasoned traveler like yourself about how much you liked our hotel, the meeting room, the breakfast and especially our SERVICE! I'm glad our attitude of service and hospitality is recognized to be as genuine as it is. ( I don't know if you knew this but our management company's name comes from Romans 12:13- Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.)
We look forward to you coming back!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 15, 2011

This is just an average hotel. The food is okay, the bread was stale, but the rest of the breakfast was okay. The front desk was empty for the first 10 minutes after I arrived, and the clerk unapologetic when he did return. The door to my room didn't close easily, a bit of a security issue in my mind. The phone in the room didn't work and wasn't addressed while I was there. The room was clean and the lobby comfortable. The location is a bit strange, and neither the cab drivers nor GPS systems are able to locate this hotel or address exactly.
I submitted this feedback through the hotel's evaluation system, with no response.
The printer in the business center was broken, but by that point I was just ready to leave.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
DeannaJones, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/280 East-Eagle Point, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
We really do appreciate your REFRESHINGLY FRANK review. I also thank you for completing the survey you received after your stay here. After I received your survey I did research your complaints, followed up with the employees involved and implemented new procedures to improve our business and service. Feedback such as yours is very vital to our continued success. But, you are correct, I neglected to reach out to you personally at that time and apologize for letting you down and I accept responsibility for that. I sincerely hope you will accept our apologies and hope that we will have the opportunity to redeem ourselves to you in the future.
Huntersville, North Carolina
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I’m a Hilton Honors member and I travel every week for business, so I've been in my fair share of Hamptons. I have stayed at this property a few times now and even though it is out of my way, it is well worth my extra drive. The staff is incredibly helpful and friendly as they really go out of their way to make your stay very enjoyable. There are a ton of great places to eat in the immediate vicinity. The hotel is so new that you can still smell the fresh paint so it’s EXTREMELY clean. The prices are VERY affordable and their breakfast is GREAT! I stay at a ton of Hilton properties and this is by far my favorite Hampton Inn and would highly recommend this property to anyone.

1 Thank Will B
Dear WILL B: Thanks so much for posting a review about your favorite Hilton property!! I am so glad that our service and our cleanliness (plus all of the great places to walk to) have made it worth the extra couple of miles it may take to get here. As a loyal Hilton customer I am proud to stand out to you as your favorite!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Have used the hotel multiple times for business meetings. The staff, especially Deena and Crazy Joe, are very accommodating. Ms Mary keeps the breakfast area humming, SUPER clean, and always stocked. The decor as you enter the hotel is really nice, and creates a great atmosphere for visitors. I gave the rating of "excellent" primarily for the level of service and help provided by the staff. My only wish, as one who uses the hotel exclusively for business meetings concerns the internet servies. It's decent, but could be a lot better. (connectivity is inconsistent). The only other difficulty experience is when new folks go there, they typically get lost because you can't see it from the highway ... some more obvious signing off HWY280 or in the shopping center would help A LOT! Overall, the service keeps us coming back, and we now use this hotel for team meetings whenever possible.

Room Tip: The King Suites on the 3rd floor have higher ceilings than the ones on the first floor.
1 Thank Kellie C
Thank you KELLIE for taking the time to post a review! I appreciate you letting everyone know how great our hotel is when it comes to our breakfast and cleanliness but also for mentioning the fact that we are an excellent location for company's to hold meetings at. There are a lot of companies looking for a location that provides the kind of service we provide here and you just put us on the map!! Ha-ha, CRAZY JOE looks forward to your group being here and takes anticipating your needs very seriously. I will follow up with our internet service provider about your inconsistencies, thanks for letting us know. I'm glad that our service is so much appreciated that you'll keep coming back! See you soon!
Jacksonville, Alabama
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I travel alot with my job, and I always stay in Hampton Inn. Every Hampton I've been in has always been clean and the room comfortable; but this one really is the top of the line. The rooms were exceptionally clean. The beds are really comfortable. The pool is beautiful! The breakfast is really nice, one of the better ones that I've seen. What stood out the most was the staff. They were all very friendly and very accommodating in every way. Every staff member that I've dealt with was friendly. They really made me feel like I was at "home away from home." Joe, the manager, greeted the guests every morning and treated each one like a newly-found friend. That kind of hospitality is very uncommon but welcomed when you're on the road a lot. To me, this is what destinguishes the good hotels from the great ones, and this one is GREAT! If I'm ever in the area, I have and will make sure that I stay at this Hampton!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank John316JW
DeannaJones, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/280 East-Eagle Point, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Greetings to our new friend in Jacksonville, Alabama! As a Hilton Family Brand of Hotels seasoned traveler, we are honored to be your home away from home when traveling in Birmingham! Thank you for such high praises towards our cleanliness, our beds, our pool, and our breakfast but mostly for mentioning our exceptional customer service-we strive everyday to make sure that sets us apart from other hotels in our area. I will share your post with everyone and thank them for their hard work and dedication. See you soon!