Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/280 East-Eagle Point
Ranked #3 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Jacksonville, Alabama
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I travel alot with my job, and I always stay in Hampton Inn. Every Hampton I've been in has always been clean and the room comfortable; but this one really is the top of the line. The rooms were exceptionally clean. The beds are really comfortable. The pool is beautiful! The breakfast is really nice, one of the better ones that I've seen. What stood out the most was the staff. They were all very friendly and very accommodating in every way. Every staff member that I've dealt with was friendly. They really made me feel like I was at "home away from home." Joe, the manager, greeted the guests every morning and treated each one like a newly-found friend. That kind of hospitality is very uncommon but welcomed when you're on the road a lot. To me, this is what destinguishes the good hotels from the great ones, and this one is GREAT! If I'm ever in the area, I have and will make sure that I stay at this Hampton!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank John316JW
DeannaJones, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/280 East-Eagle Point, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Greetings to our new friend in Jacksonville, Alabama! As a Hilton Family Brand of Hotels seasoned traveler, we are honored to be your home away from home when traveling in Birmingham! Thank you for such high praises towards our cleanliness, our beds, our pool, and our breakfast but mostly for mentioning our exceptional customer service-we strive everyday to make sure that sets us apart from other hotels in our area. I will share your post with everyone and thank them for their hard work and dedication. See you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Chelsea
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Double queen with my 3 boys. The room was lovely, the linens and bedding reminded me of a luxery hotel but I only paid $129.00 for the evening. Kids loved the pool & warm cookies, I loved the free hot breakfast that I didn't have to prepare them!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TsZappaGirl
DeannaJones, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/280 East-Eagle Point, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Dear Zappa Girl,
Thank you so much for posting a review on tripadvisor! 3 BOYS! I hope you will get the chance to visit us more often and let us keep them occupied with the pool and give you a break from making breakfast! Thank you for mentioning how comfortable the sheets are-it's an important part of the guest's experience and others will appreciate that information. We look forward to your return!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We had a baby shower for my daughter at this location on August 20, 2011. We can't say enough about the excellent customer service given my Joe (Manager) (Sorry if I got the name wrong), Dustin, and the front desk lady. They had the room arranged perfectly for us when we arrived. We did not have to stress on the best way to arrange the tables and seating. They even had a sign at the door of the event room with baby clip-art! This was Joe's day off, but he came by to help anyway. Kudos to you Joe. The rate was excellent. The entire hotel was spotless. The entrance with a bar area was superb!
My sister got a room for the night after the event. She was extremely pleased and said she will recommend you this location if she has not already. I know I have bragged on the excellent customer service of all the staff that I encountered. The Oliver and Welch Families

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Cheveryl O
DeannaJones, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/280 East-Eagle Point, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
We all were very excited to host Gabriel's baby shower! We're glad it went so well for her and her family. Thank you so much for bragging about your experiences with everyone on the web. Be sure to bring Baby Welch by to meet us!
alabama
Reviewed August 26, 2011

From the minute you book your reservation which I booked through the hotel directly, to checking out, it was a "golden" experience! The rooms were well appointed and the staff was so attentive that I must say that they could compete with the Ritz Carlton. Beautiful pool and location sits just off of Highway 280. There is a Publix nearby, a Panera Bread, Taziki's Greek Fare and a Publix Supermarket within walking distance. More shopping too! This was a blessing for me and my 20 friends who joined me. One of them commented to me that "the hotel is awesome, rooms huge, and the conference room perfect!" And I agree! Deanna, the manager, was lovely, kind and a joy to work with which one cannot always say just anywhere! This was a great hotel and wonderful, helpful staff. I will definately return and highly recommend. It is near Greystone and a peaceful place to lay your head and know you will get a comfortable nights sleep and good breakfast in the morning. WHAT A TREAT!

Room Tip: We had the King Suite which was bigger. There really is not a bad room there.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank upgo
WOW! You really went out of your way to explain to everyone how "golden" your experience here was and we really appreciate it! (The Ritz wishes they had the kind of staff that we have here!) I'm glad you enjoyed the convenience of everything there is to walk to from our hotel. It was my pleasure be of assistance to you and on behalf of everyone here we look forward to your return!
Orlando
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Birmingham/280 East on the night of July 29th, in transit to Memphis for a Dylan concert the following day.

One half of this traveling couple printed directions from Orlando to the hotel, using an online directions site. After a long day of driving we arrived in Birmingham during the 5:30 pm rush hour. Following the printed directions we ended up in a residential area on the other side of Birmingham (Farley Drive!). After a call to the helpful hotel staff, who gave us the correct directions, we reversed our course to the other side of the city, and our lodgings for the night. Unfortunately, it took us two hours to transit the city via 495 (?) to 280East. As we finally! approached the exit for 280 East, it was evident that a breakdown has caused the backup. That is SOME rush hour traffic!

Eventually we arrived at the Hampton Inn; weary, hungry and ready to check in and grab a bite to eat. Julia checked us in, and we headed for our room (King bed), which I'd booked in advance. Unfortunately, after 5 minutes of trying everything we could think of we still hadn't gained entrance to the room, as the lock, or door, was stuck. Julia came up to the floor, and after a few attempts to open the door herself, she upgraded us to a lovely suite next to the original room.

The suite was spacious and comfortable. It was also very clean. When choosing a hotel for travel my number one priority is cleanliness. This fit the bill for spotless, worry free lodging! The bed was comfortable, and we passed an untroubled night.

There are plenty of eateries very close to the hotel; in the "shoping center" next to, the hotel, in addition to those on 280East.. On the way to the hotel we passed by an Outback, Carabas and Chilis, in addition to a few local eateries and fast food restaurants. We opted to eat in the shopping center immediately downhill from the Hampton Inn. There were at least 4 restaurants to choose from: Zaxbys, Panera, Moe's Southwest Grill and Don Peppes Mexican restaurant. We opted for Don Peppes, and were very happy with our choice. The food was plentiful, well prepared and resonably priced.

Saturday morning (July 30th) we awakened around 5:30 am, and I headed to the lobby, hoping there'd be a chance of a cup of coffee with half and half (no powdered creamers for my coffee, thank you). Robert was manning the front desk and made my day when he said coffee was ready for the taking! Thanks, Robert! I headed outside with a cuppa and enjoyed the earlyy morning.

It's no accident this hotel is #1 in Birmingham. Great staff, geat hotel!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelinBobcat
DeannaJones, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/280 East-Eagle Point, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to give such a detailed review about our hotel and your experiences. I'm sorry that the accident on HWY 280 made it seem like the 5 miles you drove took forever to get here. I apologize for the unusual door issue but am glad that Julia thought quickly and upgraded you for the inconvenience, I will thank her for making such a great decision. Powder creamer-YUCK! We offer a variety of flavored cream for the coffee in the lobby. Thanks for helping make us #1 on Trip Advisor! Honest, detailed posts like yours are very valuable to travelers.
Smithville, Texas
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We just called the rewards line they quoted a couple in the area, I asked if their were any others within the area that were cheaper on the points, so they booked us here. At first trying to find the place seem way off the path we were going but it's <5 miles from the interstate. I do have to say it's a question mark which road goes to the hotel but found it OK. Many places to eat, we tried Joe's Crab Shack just down the road, it was good as usual. The best part was getting back on the highway for another day of travel to the Smokey Mountains in North Carolina, drove the Tail Of The Dragon and Hellbender (awesome) windy roads. Hampton had no rooms available in Cherokee so we hit up Holiday Inn Express. Cherokee has a Casino and a fun looking street with alot of shops like Fredicksburg, Texas if you have ever been there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the post! I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of the "points stretcher" program we particiapte in to give HHonor members the opportunity to try our hotel using less of their points. Thanks for making us a stop on your journey!
Hampton, VA
Reviewed August 11, 2011

First stay in a Hampton Inn in a long time. As a military member, I travel quite extensively and have a good idea of what constitutes a "quality hotel". Always thought Hamptons provided good accomodations, but pleasantly surprised with the exceptional improvements in rooms and service. New hotel with superior customer service staff and wanting to please their guests. Highly recommend this hotel, not just because of its facilities and staff, but located by many restuarants and covenient walk to a movie theater. Wonderful facility and experience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BlueGrassDreamer
Thank you taking your time to post a review. I am very proud of the fact that you travel alot and that we will stand out in your mind for our quality and our customer service. Hilton has made some very impressive upgrades to our brand and our hotel showcases them beautifully plus we pride ourselves on exceeding our guest expectations. I appreciate you telling "everyone" how great our location is to restaurants and to the movie theater.