“Sitar is a bright star!”

Sitar Indian Restaurant
Ranked #109 of 947 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Buffet
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 8th Ave (University Bivd)
Description: Indian Restaurant in Birmingham, Al Sitar Indian Cuisine, derives its name from a word "Sitar" which is a plucked stringed instrument famous with Indian classical music. What makes Sitar a famous musical instrument in Indian classical music is the harmonious resonance created while plucking its strings. Same thing applies to the Indian authentic taste. It's the perfect blending of Indian spices used in Indian cuisines that creates harmonious buds pleasing taste. Sitar Indian Cuisine is an authentic Indian restaurant in Birmingham offering North-Indian Dishes since 2010. Here, at Sitar we value our customers and believe that our customer's satisfaction is our pleasure. We have thousands of satisfied customers who check in almost every day for buffet-lunch and A-La-Carte'. Besides buffet-lunch and dinner, we also provide indoor and outdoor catering services in Birmingham.W e are conveniently located at south side downtown, near University Of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB). Our services include: Fine dining in Restaurant (Buffet-Lunch and A-La-Carte' Dinner) Indoor Catering Outdoor Catering Take Away Why Choose Us? Fresh and Healthy Ingredients: The chef himself gets the ingredients that go into everyday food directly from the farmer's market, assuring that each item selected is of premium quality. Good Quality and Ethically Sourced Spices: Indian Spices that are used in food preparation are authentic and ethically sourced, imported straight from India. Comfortable and Causal Environment: The ambience at Sitar is comfortable and great for you to dine with your family, kids and even in groups. You may like to make a prior reservation if you would like to dine in a larger group. Extensive Menus: Another specialty about Sitar is our extensive menus incorporating a full range of vegetable and non- vegetable items to select among. We serve mild to taste buds burning hot menus. If it's your first experience with Indian dishes, you may like to go with the mild option first. Our services, including lunch-buffet and a-la-carte' are suitable for families, couples and groups.
“Sitar is a bright star!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend had been talking about this place ever since we got together so I made sure that he took me. It was the first time I've had Indian food and let's just say the bar has been set extremely high for other Indian restaurants. The food was unique and incredible. I went for the lunch buffet. Everything on the buffet, including the bread, was something that was new to me. And everything I ate was fantastic. My water glass never went empty (which is a major plus). The staff was friendly, the restaurant was nicely decorated. It had a nice yet homey feel. Definitely a restaurant that I will visit more often then not. I highly recommend this place and all of the wonderful things it has to offer!

1 Thank jfolds

Huntsville, Alabama
“Mohandas Gandhi would be proud!!!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Located in the UAB quarter of Birmingham, this Indian restaurant delivers high quality, tasty food at very reasonable prices. Lunch buffet for one with tip was $10.00! Lot's of non meat dishes for you vegi types. Really worth checking out. Enjoy

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank AlRauf
Birmingham, Alabama
“Pretty good buffet - looking forward to trying the whole menu”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I visited Sitar this afternoon with some friends to try out their buffet. It was pretty good, lots of vegetarian options, relatively few meat options, but definitely satisfying. The price was very reasonable (8 dollars). It wasn't the best I've ever had, but that's primarily because my favorites were not included. I'm looking forward to going back for dinner to try out the rest of their menu.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank MichiganTraveler03
Orlando, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Birmingham Business Traveler”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Just north of UAB and near the downtown hotels this Indian restaurant delivers good quality food at very reasonable prices.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Michael U
Birmingham, Alabama
“Best Indian in Birmingham - by far!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is by far the best Indian restaurant in Birmingham. The flavors and dishes are authentic and cooked to your liking. The service is great too.

• Visited December 2011