“Dissatisfied with food”

Newk's Express Cafe
Ranked #147 of 978 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Over Christmas my family was in Birmingham for the day and decided to eat at Newk's. I had heard great things about it from friends, but when we ate there we were all a bit disappointed. I had chili and I think there was mushrooms in it, but I didn't realize it until I scooped up an oddly shaped piece of food. My mom got the Newks signature salad and she was pleased and my sister got the chicken noodle soup and she was pleased as well. If you aren't picky about restaurants this one would suffice, but there are many better options in Birmingham. I would recommend looking elsewhere for food.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We went for lunch recently while visiting family. What a great value! I had the 1/2sandwich plus1/2
Salad lunch special. A family member recommended the chicken salad sandwich while I was eyeing the shrimp poor boy. I took her advice and was not disappointed. Delish! I had a Caesar
Salad with that and even though they were half sized portions I left feeling satisfied. A plus was the location was next door to the grocery store we needed to visit. What a great place!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

From exquisite sandwiches and salads to delicious pizzas and soups, this is a must for those looking for high quality food at reasonable prices. Family atmosphere, efficient system.

Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

I've been here probably 15 visits over the past couple of years. It is a great cafe with huge salads and very tasty sandwiches. They have a great variety of soups is well and I tried several of them, they come in huge portions. The food is not cheap, expect to pay about 10 bucks for lunch. The atmosphere is pretty standard, can get very busy at lunch. They have several locations, downtown near the hospital, and several others in the suburbs. Also the same food. Overall it's a great place for lunch during the week or on the weekends. If I were you I would try the ultimate salad!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Newks has great Salads and Soups. They have one size for your drinks and it is large --- which is nice. Their salads are big and delicious. Their soups are very good.