“Super Friendly & Helpful Staff! VERY Clean and Comfortable Rooms!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham East Irondale
Ranked #18 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Very pleased with our stay and highly recommend this Hampton in. The road leading to the hotel is a bit hard to find. Pool is a little small. Staff was amazing and very friendly! Rooms were very spacious, clean, and comfortable! Would have loved to of had a microwave or fridge in the room but this location doesn't have these items as a standard in all the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham East Irondale, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for writing “Super Friendly & Helpful Staff! VERY Clean and Comfortable Rooms!”.Your complimentary review of our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Airport Area is much appreciated! Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

This 4 story Hampton can be seen from I-20, take the Kilgore Memorial Dr exit, pass the Sam's Club, head toward the Quality Inn and turn left on OLD Grants Mill. Once you get there you'll find it's very nice looking exterior perched at the top of the hill overlooking a very scenic view of Irondale/Birmingham. The lobby is very clean which includes a very large and modern breakfast area. Our room was pretty standard (2 beds, tv, and a bathroom). It does not have a mini-fridge but it was clean with a nice large flat screen tv. It looked like the thermostat on the wall wasn't working, but the a/c under the window worked well enough to keep us nice and cool. The hallways were rather warm, granted we were on the 4th floor but I don't think they use A/C in their hallways. The ice machine was in it's own room by the elevators which I thought was nice to keep the noise down (the ice machine room was VERY hot and the ice machine on our floor wasn't working when we were there). The pool was clean but pretty small. It was fine for our family. We shared the pool with another family. If anyone else showed up though it would have been pretty crowded. The breakfast was adequate. One day there was sausage gravy/biscuits. Another day was eggs. Otherwise you are looking at partaking in bagels (no donuts), cereal, oatmeal, waffles, juice, milk and coffee. Although our 2nd morning I found no coffee and only water and decaf. ouch! The staff seemed friendly enough and structurally everything was nice, clean and modern but the breakfast could be a little better. I can't say it was one of the best stays we've had but it was adequate. It is close in proximity to the airport and if we were to come down for a Talladega race then we'd consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side have the scenic view of Irondale/Birmingham. Rooms on the South side see tre...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham East Irondale, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for providing us with feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We are constantly monitoring the performance of our hotel. Comments and suggestions from our guests enable us to continually improve and are vitally important in helping us achieve our Mission to be the first choice of travelers like yourself. Once again, the time taken along with the effort made to share your observations with us is most appreciated.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I thought this was an exceptionally nice hotel. It had nice bed linens, bathroom facilities, and a good breakfast. It's decor in the lobby was exceptional. My only complaint was that it seemed somewhat overpriced.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Our main concern is for all our guests to have a welcoming stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Airport and I am thrilled that we were able to make your stay enjoyable. Thank you very much for your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you stay with us again.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The online address is wrong making arrival difficult if unfamiliar with the area. The room my family stayed had an A/C unit that did not cool below 72F and was short on towels. The breakfast area was dirty and empty of items more than an hour before it was set to close and there was no plans of refilling any of the items. Of all the Hampton Hotels I have stayed in (normally stay Hamptons exclusively with family) this is easily the worst! In the future I will check other hotels before holding Hampton loyalty.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Steven G

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Would definitely return to this hotel as the staff was very courteous, friendly and helpful. Breakfast was easy and good every day. Location was great once they opened up the new exit off Interstate. Was a little difficult to find the first night in the rain -- but once we found it, we really enjoyed our visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham East Irondale, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

 Our associates here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Airport pride themselves on providing excellent guest service and will be pleased to hear they exceeded your expectations! Your review will certainly be shared with them. Thank you!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I checked in on Friday, 6/14 and we were surprised with a complimentary upgrade to one of their king suites. Very lovely and roomy. Lots of lighting, lots of hot water and lots of plugs.

One complaint, the bathroom was small in comparison to the room.

Brenda checked us in and she is an absolute pleasure as well as the other staff working the front desk during our stay this past weekend.

We didn't eat breakfast either day as we prefer cheese omelettes for breakfast and they weren't offered either day!
\

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

 We're always looking for ways to identify star performers on our team here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Airport and will share your positive review with Brenda. Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I arrived at this hotel in the late evening and it was a bit difficult to locate. I put the address in my gps and could not locate it. I called the hotel and he had me put in a different street name and then was able to get directions. It sits back off the road and because I was unfamiliar with the area it was not an easy find. The area is not in a neighborhood so you have to drive to restaurants or shopping, not a close enough area to walk anywhere. The hotel is quiet, the room was good, I had a suite and it was very roomy and had a kitchen area which would be nice if I was staying longer. The staff was very friendly and offered breakfast. I stayed here because it was close to the airport and I had an early flight.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham East Irondale, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us. My sincerest apologies for the problem with the GPS location. It is nice to hear it all ended up well for you and you had a good quiet night.
We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.