This hotel has airport shuttle listed as one of their services. I believe, that if a hotel says they service an airport with a shuttle they should do that based on the schedule of flights at that airport. It not it would be better to list "Local area shuttle". If you really like the hotel and would like to stay there you can call and get the details of the local area shuttle and it's schedule. Needless to say, I stayed there for an early morning international flight that left at 6am (honestly that is not even very early but when you live a long way from the airport that can mean getting up at 2 or 3 in the morning). I was a bit disappointed when I checked in that the first shuttle was at 5am, but the hotel was close and no need to look for parking or anything so I should be fine. The next morning I was ready and waiting. But there was no driver, I could hear the staff calling the driver but to no avail. Eventually one of the staff took me to the airport, we left 10 or so minutes late but I made my flight. On my return by the time I got my bags and called for the shuttle to pick me up it was a bit after 11. The front desk said the shuttle had stopped running for the night. I said my car is there, what would you suggest? They said you will have to get a taxi. If it was 2am I might understand (although I have had that experience and called the hotel and they sent the airport shuttle over). My bottom line is don't advertise an airport shuttle if you aren't going to provide service for the regular hours of operation of the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a comfortable and convenient stay at our Irondale hotel with free high-speed internet access in guest rooms and business center. Our business center features a choice of professional services including fax and photocopying. Start the day with a workout in our fitness center or refresh with a swim in our indoor pool. Join us for waffles, eggs and daily specialties with Hampton’s free hot breakfast. If you’re headed to an early morning meeting or golf on the Robert Trent Jones Trail, grab an On the Run® Breakfast Bag, available Monday to Friday, for a quick and healthy meal to go. Host your special occasion or executive business meeting in our Whistle Stop Meeting Room. Pick up a midnight snack or sundries at our 24-hour Suite Shop. If you’re traveling with young children, we can provide a crib and high chair during your stay. Unwind in a guest room or suite that features all of the amenities and services that you’ll need for a carefree vacation in Birmingham. Turn on the 32-inch LCD HD TV and watch a cable channel. Get prepared for the day in a bathroom featuring granite countertops and vanities. Be productive by using the work desk with adjustable lamp or lap desk. Pop popcorn in the microwave while cooling drinks in the mini-refrigerator. Check emails using free high-speed internet access or simply relax in a clean and fresh Hampton bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham East Irondale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Birmingham-East i-20
- Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham-East i-20 Hotel Birmingham