I always stay in Hampton Inn's when I have the choice and will seek them out over other, more conveient locations (as we did on this trip), because the Hampton Chain does such a good job at standardizing its properties. Even among it's older facilities, Hampton's are almost always updated inside, clean and well kept. This is why I must give this location a poor score because I must comparing it with other Hampton's. We stayed one night here. The lobby seemed updated but our room on the second floor was not. I don't usually mind color but this was painted a mint green, which I've never seen in a Hampton. It was like trying to sleep in Grandma's kitchen. While this doesn't affect your sleep, the paint was old and there were black marks on the wall from the chair. The next morning, we went for coffee. There was no regular cream. When we asked they said, they didn't have any, that the truck would be there tomorrow. Later we went back for breakfast before leaving for the airport. There was no butter or margarine. We had to walk into the kitchen to find someone. There was a poor lady there spoke little english. There was also no manager present. It really takes very little effort for a good manager to run down to a market to get cream and butter if no delivery has been made. A nice breakfast is part of the Hampton experience. I'm afraid that this location just doesn't make the grade. We went out of our way to say here and were unfortunately disapointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a comfortable and convenient stay at our Irondale hotel with free high-speed internet access in guest rooms and business center. Our business center features a choice of professional services including fax and photocopying. Start the day with a workout in our fitness center or refresh with a swim in our indoor pool. Join us for waffles, eggs and daily specialties with Hampton’s free hot breakfast. If you’re headed to an early morning meeting or golf on the Robert Trent Jones Trail, grab an On the Run® Breakfast Bag, available Monday to Friday, for a quick and healthy meal to go. Host your special occasion or executive business meeting in our Whistle Stop Meeting Room. Pick up a midnight snack or sundries at our 24-hour Suite Shop. If you’re traveling with young children, we can provide a crib and high chair during your stay. Unwind in a guest room or suite that features all of the amenities and services that you’ll need for a carefree vacation in Birmingham. Turn on the 32-inch LCD HD TV and watch a cable channel. Get prepared for the day in a bathroom featuring granite countertops and vanities. Be productive by using the work desk with adjustable lamp or lap desk. Pop popcorn in the microwave while cooling drinks in the mini-refrigerator. Check emails using free high-speed internet access or simply relax in a clean and fresh Hampton bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham East Irondale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham-East i-20 Hotel Birmingham
- Hampton Inn And Suites Birmingham-East i-20