“Awesome Stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham/Trussville
Ranked #24 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Enjoyed my stay, the bar was awesome and very reasonable. Also loved the atmosphere of the fireplaces in the lobby. I truely enjoyed the breakfast bar and their made to orders.Will definitely stay there again. It was truely a lovely experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham/Trussville

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The location of this hotel is very good. It's not on the main road through this area, but it's within 2 minutes of the interstate. It's quiet, without any traffic noise. The exterior was clean and well-maintained. No dirty ashtrays or cigarette butts on the sidewalk or parking lot. The lobby is very nice and inviting, with a warm fire and subtle lighting. It was immaculately clean and fresh smelling. The young lady who checked me in was very courteous and I had no problems at all using my HHonors and my military discount.

When I got to my room, which was a double, I encountered the only problem of my stay. The door would not latch. Anyone walking down the hall could just push the door open if the top lock was not engaged. When I went down to report this to the desk clerk, she apologized and immediately changed my room. She even upgraded me to a Jr. Suite, which I thought was very kind of her, even though I didn't ask for an upgrade.

The Junior Suite was very spacious, with a king sized bed, a nice sized couch, 2 tables, desk, refrigerator, and 2 HD televisions. The room was very clean and smelled clean, but not antiseptic/bleachy, like some hotel rooms can smell. The bedding is all white, which is good, because it can be bleached, and indeed it did smell faintly of bleach, so I could tell it was nice and clean. This hotel chain uses the Sleep-Number type system, so guests can adjust the beds to their satisfaction. This worked relatively well, but I always find that the head of the bed remains a bit higher than the foot of the bed, which can be awkward feeling at times.

The bathroom was spacious as a standard Hilton Garden Inn bathroom, with a curved shower rod and a rainfall shower head. The towels were nice and clean, and there was no fraying or anything. They use Bath & Body Works bath gels, which I've never seen at a hotel before, but it was a nice change of pace.

The hotel was nice and quiet, even though there were many cars in the parking lot. I had a good nights' sleep, and I felt safe there. As a female who travels alone quite often, feeling secure in my room is a major priority for me, second only to the room cleanliness. The AC is a central heat/air type unit with a digital controller on the wall. It was very easy to get the right temperature in the room. The unit is a tad bit loud at first, but after awhile, it just becomes white noise, and you don't notice it.

Checkout was easy, and the older gentleman at the front desk was very courteous and polite. I travel to Birmingham several times a year, and I usually tend to stay more toward the Hwy 280 area. However, from this point on, I will definitely stay at this hotel, even if it is not quite as close to my destination.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 15, 2013

the staff in both the bar and breakfast area are absolutely the best. rooms and lobby always clean and comfortable. great location. i travel a lot so i have a lot to compare this hotel to and I am NEVER disappointed

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Had a late check in and called ahead and they said no problem. Showed up a little after 11pm and the front doors were deactivated so they would not open when we walked up to them. We waited a while, knocked on the glass, no activity what so ever inside. My husband was able to slide the door open with his finger tips a little and only then did the front desk clerk come out and start to scold us that we had to use our key and not to ever do that. I ask him how do we use a key if we haven't checked in yet? Then his tone changed and he apologized and proceeded to check us in. Not the nicest greeting, but we got over it. After we checked in the rest of the stay was very nice. No trouble finding the hotel, in a nice area. The rooms were nice, clean and comfortable. The best part of the stay was the shower. It has perfect water temperature and amazing shower head pressure. Used the business center, which was set up very nice and was very convenient. Had breakfast the next morning. It is not included in the price. Cost if I remember right was $9.95 per person for an all you can eat buffet. The food was average, nothing great, nothing horrible. The breakfast staff however was amazing. So nice and helpful. The older gentleman that checked us out in the morning was very nice as well.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I chose this because it was a good hotel and I used my military discount. The hotel looked like it was recently built. The grounds were well kept. I didn't like the fact that breakfast didn't come with the room, oh well. My room a handicapped room, so it was over sized and spacious. The bed was good and everything was in working order. The room could have been cleaned better. Some of the furniture wasn't wiped down properly, but I lived. Overall, the hotel was good and the staff were good.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank speedwhite
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The hotel manager does not consider retired military to be qualified for the military discount. If you are looking for a military friendly hotel keep looking. Other than that it is your typical comfortable, clean Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The room was nice, the lobby and lounge,restaurant were very inviting and attractive. The main complaint I had was there was NO BATH TUB, only a stand-up shower in our room. I didn't book the room so I'm not sure if that was mentioned or not.The beds are kind of like Sleep Number beds, so that was great. Staff was very helpful and nice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Hampton Inn Birmingham / Trussville
Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham SE/Liberty Park
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham East Irondale
Holiday Inn Express Trussville
Best Western Plus Carlton Suites
Homewood Suites Birmingham South Inverness

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham/Trussville? Share your experiences!