“Always a great stay”

Ranked #19 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Pella, Iowa, United States
“Always a great stay”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at the property numerous times over the past few years. Staff is always very helpful and friendly. Rooms are spacious, clean and updated. Only downside is their slightly limited parking area behind the hotel mixed in with other buildings.

• Stayed February 2014
Karen S, General Manager at Residence Inn Birmingham Downtown at UAB, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. Please let us know if you ever experience a parking issue, as we will find accomodations for you to park.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This place became my home for a month, after a tree damaged my house. They kept my room spotless throughout my stay. Hotel staff couldn't have been nicer. Breakfast in the morning was really good, although I started getting tired of it toward the end (pretty much same thing every other day). Very convenient to 5 Points area, Iron City, other eating areas, and the hospitals. Had a very good view; could see the sun rise over St. Vincent's Hospital. The only negative I could find is that the parking is pretty limited: 129 suites (which fill up often), but only 70 parking spaces. If you arrive late, you sometimes have to park on the street or across the street. There's a rating for restaurant on here, but I don't recall there being a restaurant.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank mdv483
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

This was our first time in Alabama. I was there for a week conference at Children's of Alabama. But my hubby and I took this as a work play getaway. booked this hotel as my previous experience with Residence Inn chain has always been favorable. Room was decent .. gave us a handicapped room. I guess not all king suites are the same. Tip for future reservations get a corner room. Room is clean overall.. the breakfast is good as always. Maybe more healthier options. Manager's special is awesome. . Maybr can be extended til Friday. As usual, parking is with fee due to limted availabity throughout Birmingham. This area is so close to 5 points South which I love the area. Would definitely come back.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Our goal is to make all of our guests feel at home, and we appreciate you letting us know that we met our goal. Thank you for staying with us!
AL
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I have stayed at this property many times on business. It is always good. The staff will do what they can to see to your needs. The bedding is always very good. My big complaint is that they have started charging for parking.

1 Thank bhmguy
United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed at this hotel recently for business. Nice hotel and a good representation of the Residence Inn chain. Spacious and clean rooms. Felt "new". Location is decent, a bit farther from downtown than some other hotels. Reasonably priced. Heard some outside noise of a restaurant. Friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments, we appreciate your feedback.
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I spent approximately 10 weeks in this hotel via two kept-being-extended assignments. The staff was always gracious when I had to extend "yet again". Every person on staff - front desk, housekeeping, culinary, maintenance, security was courteous, friendly and seemed willing and often eager to provide assistance if needed. The location was perfect for me as my business was downtown. It is even a comfortable walk to much of UAB. The rooms are clean, comfortable and nicely sized (I called mine the mini apt). Although they do not have an oven, they have cook top, microwave and full size refrigerator. The only slight aggravations were the TV reception - it would frequently digi-freeze or stutter - and the only reason this did not bother me more is because I didn't have much opportunity to watch it. And, the parking - a side effect of downtown location I suppose. They accommodate the situation as best they can by allowing and sometimes even encouraging creative parking.

Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed June 19, 2014

The hubby & I weekend away and we loved it. Picked this location because a family member suggested it. We stayed 2 nights and attended the Jay-Z concert in town. The staff was very friendly. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good, the staff was attentive to stragglers coming to eat at the last minute. They stopped cleaning up and ask if you need something you don't see. A short drive to anywhere you need to go in Birmingham. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a corner room if you can