“Good location, newer hotel.”

Residence Inn Birmingham Downtown at UAB
Ranked #19 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
“Good location, newer hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

My stay at the Marriott Residence in was for five nights. The hotel is fairly new, so the rooms and common areas are nice. Each room will have a kitchenette with a full-sized refrigerator and two burners. It was stocked well with cooking supplies and utensils which would support a longer stay nicely. Once a week the hotel provides a dinner buffet in the downstairs dining area, it's okay - a bit like cafeteria food. But if you don't want to travel or make dinner it'll do. Gym is poorly equipped, but typical for hotel workout room. The location is very convienant to the shops and restaurants of five points and UAB Medical Center. Nothing special, but nice - I'd stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011
KSteiger, General Manager at Residence Inn Birmingham Downtown at UAB, responded to this review, April 29, 2011
Thank you for staying with us. Your feedback will be addressed and used to improve our level of service and facilities.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2011

My husband and I (plus our two small poodles) stayed here for over 4 months while I worked on contract. We could not have asked for a more pleasant experience. All the staff, from sales to maintenance to housekeeping to kitchen to front desk, were friendly, very helpful and accommodating -- by the time we left, they felt like family! The room (ours was a 2-bedroom suite) was lovely, spacious and comfortable.
We enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast and the 2-or-3-times-a-week evening 'socials' with some great food plus beer/wine.
We chose this location chiefly because of its proximity to my work and its pet-friendliness, but it turned out to be a great central location for restaurants and shops (and freeway access) as well.
Highly recommended to anyone. It's not the least expensive hotel, but the rooms are very nice (it's only a year or two old) and it must surely have the best staff in town!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
RD5869, General Manager at Residence Inn Birmingham Downtown at UAB, responded to this review, March 16, 2011
It has been our pleasure! Please be sure to come back and visit us in the future.
Douglasville, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2011

The location is not in the best place, and you have to pay $10 for parking, but yet the parking is outside by the streets where your car can get broken into because of the neighborhood. The mattress on the bed was hard and my back was hurting when I woke up. Went to breakfast at 9:45 am and they had already taken up the breakfast food, except oatmeal that looked like soup, and waffle mix, but no butter, forks, and drinks, even though breakfast was till 10 am. Never been to a hotel that takes everything up before time. I stay at a ton of different Marriott's and this by far was the worse and never will return. Just had come from Las Vegas and Orange County, CA and those hotels were supeior, and definitely put this hotel to shame.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank llee4bama
RD5869, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Birmingham Downtown at UAB, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
The hotel aims to consistently deliver professional service to our customers and I would like to state that on this occasion the level you received was unacceptable and your feedback will be invaluable towards improving our level of service.
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2010

Very comfortable studio rooms, brand new gym, nice breakfast and pool - nothing else to with for! Mega friendly staff - so I highly recommend it!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us!
xento
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2010

This hotel is very nice.
Very new building, downtown uab area. Great rooms, clean, modern look.
A nice pool, nice workout rooms, and good location.

Only problem for me is parking the rental car.
I have to drive to the client and valet parking is something like $15 everyday each time you take out the car.

If wasn't for the parking issues, I would stay there more often.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank xento
We are delighted that you liked our hotel! In order to serve you better, we now offer self parking for our guests. We hope you will come back and stay with us again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2010

I have stayed at the Residence Inn on multiple occasions throughout the last year. Although the service inside the hotel was typically lacking it was clean and the valets/bell hops were always helpful. There were several instances where the valets went above and beyond to give me a 5 star experience. However, on my last visit the friendly guys outside were not there anymore. Not sure what happened but if you want my business bring back the guys that made your hotel worth visiting.

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2010

I must admit that when I was first told that I would be in a new market I was really concerned. I was very pleased that I selected this hotel. It was very refeshing to have a place that really felt like home. The rooms are very well setup and the staff is great always smiling. Whatever question I had they always had a great answer for me. I had plenty of options of things to do. I love this hotel and everyone I know that is headed to Birmingham I tell them about this hotel. Its my home alway from home. Thank you guys.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business