“Great place to stay for business!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover
Ranked #12 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Great place to stay for business!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This was my first business trip in quite some time, and getting to Birmingham proved to be quite an adventure. But the Embassy Suites was amazing! The hotel was beautiful - maybe newly remodeled? The front desk staff was personable and very helpful. The food at the restaurant was very good. And the room was really beautiful. The bed was comfy. I loved the separate work space and fridge (this is my first time at and Embassy Suites, so I assume that is probably standard). And, the complimentary breakfast was awesome! Usually it's stale bagels and a waffle maker, but this was a full on buffet with pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon, etc.

The only minor problem was that the pipes by the toilet made a banging noise, but after about 10 or so, when people probably were in bed, it almost completely stopped.

I wish I would have had another night or two in this hotel, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ESHoover, Exec Admin at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Sarah H,

Thank you so much for your review and feedback! We are in fact a new hotel - we opened in March 2010. We are so glad to hear that you took full advantage of our restaurant and complimentary breakfast buffet with an omelet station! Thank you for noting our personable and helpful staff. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service to all of our guests!

We are very glad to hear that your first stay at an Embassy Suites was a great experience! We hope to have you back again very soon - and hopefully you'll be able to stay longer next time!

Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Zachary, Louisiana
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I booked a suite at this hotel, so that my wife and 3 kids (boys ages 6,4 and 2) could all stay in one suite, allowing my older 2 boys to sleep together on the sleeper sofa in the den. I had scheduled my on-line check-in for 10 pm. 5 days later, I arrived at the hotel at 10:30 pm and was informed they had overbooked, and were going to put us up in a Holiday Inn Express down the street and would "cover my charges." I have been a HHonors Gold/Diamond member for the last 7 years and have never had this happen. I used points for my room and selected this hotel over the Homewood Suites in the area, because on-line it appeared to be nicer. The room they offered had the HI was a one room with 2 queen or double-sized beds. I told them that would not be acceptable. After waiting about 20 minutes in the foyer, at now 11 pm (with my 3 kids who were about 2 hours past bed-time) I was offered a smoking room. We reluctantly took the room, only to regret our decision when we opened the room to the "ozone machine" that was running and a bottle of air freshener to be used, both to freshen the room up. The smell made my wife and 2 year old nauseated. The couch had cigarette burns and just looked nasty. I was told I would receive half off my points back (which I have yet to see, but it's only been a week). My biggest disappointment is that I was never informed prior to my arrival that my room was no longer available. I would have not had a problem booking somewhere else had I been properly informed.

Room Tip: Call before you arrive and make sure you still have a room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank david21177
ESHoover, Exec Admin at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
david21177,

Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites for your most recent stay and for taking the time to give us your feedback. We apologize for the challenges you faced during your stay. As an Embassy Suites, we have higher standards and expectations than most hotels, so we were not happy to hear that you did not receive the level of service you expected and deserved. We are also currently ranked #8 out of 210 Embassy Suites in the Americas, so again, we have very high expectations and standards.

Mrs. Brooks has informed me that you spoke with her today and were able to resolve the matter. We hope you will return soon and allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations next time!

Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My child's high school marching band stayed here one night while we attended a football game and a marching contest in Hoover. They were able to handle a large group of 200+ students and parents. They had parking available to accomodate our 4 charter buses and 2 equipment trucks. The included breakfast was very good and they were able to handle all those teenagers who eat like bottomless pits. The rooms were very clean and the staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jeffyt,

We remember your group very well and were delighted to have you join us! Thank you for your kind review, and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

We are happy to hear the group took full advantage of our hot buffet breakfast and cooked-to-order omelet station. Our breakfast has something to offer everyone! Our cleanliness and accommodating staff are things we pride ourselves on and are happy to hear you took note of them.

We hope to see you again very soon!

Cheraw, South Carolina
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We were traveling and needed a place to spend the night. We got the last room available in this huge hotel. Our room was a lovely 2 bed queen suite with a seperate living area that had a pull out sofa sleeper and kitchenette. The breakfast was delicious and is included with the stay at this hotel. Huge buffet which includes a custom omelet bar. The only thing disappointing was the small pool and the fact it didn't open till 10am. So the kids didn't get their swim in as we needed to be leaving around 10. We would definately stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012
ESHoover, Exec Admin at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Becky D,

Thank you for your review and feedback! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our complimentary buffet breakfast and cooked-to-order omelet station are among our guests' favorite amenities, and we are glad to hear you took full advantage of those.

We hope to see you again soon!

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I recently spent two weeks in the Birmingham/Hoover area. This hotel made my time away from home much more pleasant. The staff were friendly and the accommodations were very nice. The room was spacious and comfortable. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have found in my travels, so I slept well each night. The satellite TV reception in the room was kinda wonky, but I didn't spend much time there awake. There is a nice indoor pool and hot tub and free garage parking. Every day there is a manager's reception from 5:30 to 7:30 with free snacks and bar drinks. Tessa, the bar waitress made sure my group and I received great service and care any time she was on duty. Breakfast was free every morning with a small buffet and made to order omelettes. Overall my stay was quite nice. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: The hallways are quite long, so if you have trouble walking, try to book a room close to the elevato...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ESHoover, Exec Admin at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
DaLaR1,

Thank you so much for your kind review and feedback! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your lenghty stay with us and found everything to be very accommodating and pleasant.

You definitely hit on some of our most popular amenities: complimentary buffet breakfast each morning with a cooked-to-order omelet station, complimentary manager's reception with free snacks, house cocktails, house wine, and draft beer, a heated indoor pool, and ample parking. We also provide free Wi-Fi access, a 24 hour business center, a 24 hour fitness center, a local shuttle, and a restaurant on site!

Thank you for your comments on Tessa, one of our best servers. She is a new member of our team, and we are happy to hear her hardwork is being noted.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!

Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Part of a large group and had not heard of anyone else experiencing this.

Got in our room around 10:30p and the theromstat showed a temp of 61 degrees. After running for an hour the HVAC had only gotten the room up to 66. Called desk and was told a maintenance person would be up. 20 minutes later re-called the desk and was told a maintenance person would be up and for me to turn the thermostat fan to low. 20 minutes later the room was up to 67 so went to the desk. Was moved to another room at 12:30a and its temp was 54. The HAVC ran most of the night before the room got comfortable.

The issue may have been operator error on my end but no one showed up to verify if it was or was not me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ESHoover, Exec Admin at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
JohnMac52,

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were uncomfortable in your original room and had to be moved late in the night. This review will be shared with managers and appropriate departments to avoid this problem moving forward.

We hope you will come back to see us and allow us another chance to wow you!

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We (2 preteen kids and myself, meeting my UA student daughter) arrived in Birmingham in time for dinner, then on to the hotel. I thought I'd booked a room with two double beds but the clerk politely said no, they had us down for a king room - not suggesting he was wrong BTW, couldn't remember!). I told him we'd make the king work, no problem. He looked at the screen for a few minutes, then handed us a key to one of their large two bedroom suites! It was WONDERFUL, allowed us to stretch out and all sleep soundly. Breakfast was delicious too. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ESHoover, Exec Admin at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Carrie Z,

Thank you so much for your review and feedback! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, our rooms, and our service!

Sounds like you were placed in our 2 Bedroom Executive Suite, which is one of our most spacious accommodations! Our breakfast is definitely something to rave about as well! We provide a full, hot buffet breakfast with a cooked-to-order omelet station each morning.

We can't wait to have you back soon!

Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel
Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Southeast
Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham-Hoover-Galleria
Redmont Hotel Birmingham, Curio Collection by Hilton
Best Western Plus Carlton Suites

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover? Share your experiences!