“Love this place”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover
Ranked #9 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We have stayed here 6 or 7 times and love this place. The people are always top notch and the rooms are always so clean. They have an amazing breakfast. The hotel is only a few years old, so everything is pretty much new. But we just love it here!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
ESHoover, Exec Admin at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

odieb5,

We are so excited to hear that you have loved your stay every time you have stayed with us! We definitely strive for exceptional service and cleanliness, so we are glad you have noticed both!

You're right, we have only been open a little over two years! In that short time, we have won multiple outstanding Quality Assurance inspections and the JD Power award, which is a customer service based award that was awarded to the Embassy Suites brand!

Our complimentary, hot buffet breakfast and omelet station is one of our many amenities our guests, such as yourself and your family, enjoy! Other amenities include, but are not limited to, complimentary Wi-Fi, an indoor pool, a fitness center, and a manager's recption from 5:30pm-7:30pm each evening with complimentary snacks and complimentary house wine, draft beer, and house cocktails!

Thank you for making Embassy Suites Birmingham-Hoover one of your home-away-from-homes! We can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed here for business on August 29. I usually stay at a Choice Privileges hotels but I have to say that I was very impressed with this place. Very upscale with attentive service. Room was nice sized suite with impressive decor. Had a very homey feeling. Bed was also very comfortable. Also, hotel is very convenient to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

gatdaddy3,

Thank you so much for your detailed review! We are happy to hear you were impressed with your first stay with us! Exceptional customer service is what we strive for, so we are glad to hear you were impressed with that as well. Like you said, our Serta matresses are very comfortable. We hope you were able to take advantage of our convenient location and enjoy the nearby shops and restaurants, especially at Patton Creek. Some guests even enjoy walking there!

Thank you again for your review, and we hope you will return soon!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

This was my first experience staying at an "Embassy Suites". My normal place is another Hilton brand, "Homewood Suites", but the local "Homewood" had no smoking room; thus, I chose the "Embassy" brand. Clearly, the appearace was far better than the "Homewood" brand; this was constant from the lobby to the room. There was no doubt that this was intended to be a quality place worthy of the Hilton name and brand.

The electonic reality was slightly more difficult. I could not avail myself of the "special offer" of complimentary access to the Internet and when I called the front desk I was told that I SHOULD call Cox to see if the difficulty could be resolved; I elected and was successful in liking to the Internet through a paid channel and asking for a credit the next morning. Similarly, the TV HD had problems; I could get stations like BET but not ABC, CBS, or NBC.

For my visit, I can only all this place "average"; however, the staff was very obivously dedicated to making everything right. I suspect fully that when they see this review that the matters of my displeasure will be rectified quickly and permanently. So, fear not in making a reservation there!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
ESHoover, Exec Admin at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Reage55,

Thank you very much for the review! Quality is very important to us, so we are happy to hear that did not go unnoticed.

Our television stations do include ABC, CBS, and NBC, so we are sorry to hear you had problems viewing those stations. Managers and the front desk department will receive your review to avoid TV and Internet troubles in the future.

Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

The front desk personnel was great. Jamila, Nateha, and Kinsey made my stay the best. They went out of thier way to assist me and my family with any problems that we had. Great job!!

All of the personnel at the Embassy Suites Hoover, Al, did a good job and the hotel is a great place to stay, but the front desk was to me the best. They are an asset to the hotel and the company.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
ESHoover, Exec Admin at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Anthony D,

Thank you very much for the wonderful comments about our front desk staff! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as the service you received. Exceptional service is what we strive for each and every day!

Thank you again, and we hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was here on business for a week, so I can't speak to the cost, as I did not pay for it and don't know what the rate was.

This was a truly amazing hotel. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms are huge - living room has a kitchenette and desk area in addition to the sofa and TV. The bedroom was spacious - another TV there. It had a nice sized bathroom. And the best part of it all - very clean and updated. It was a really nice room.

WiFi was free - as it should be.

The hotel offers free snacks and alcohol in the lobby from 5:30P-7:30P every night. Wow! There was no drink limit, either. Pretty awesome. The snack food was a little below average - the chips and three dips was the best part. Other than that, they had like chex mix and some fruits and veggies.

They offer free breakfast in the morning. It is a pretty nice spread - pancakes, sausage, eggs potatoes, coffees, juices, milk, cereals, oatmeal, muffins, bagels, yogurt, and a made-to-order omelet station.

I ate at the hotel restaurant for dinner once - the food was good and very reasonable in price.

The hotel is located very close to a very nice mall (within walking distance, which I did walk, though there are no sidewalks, so it was a little interesting). They also have a shuttle that will take you anywhere you want to go.

I highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure. Very nice and very convenient.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Beta7

Beta7,

We really appreciate all the kind words! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed everything from the service to the room to the breakfast and afternoon reception! Professional and exceptional service, cleanliness, and reasonable prices are very important things we try to provide to our guests.

Thank you for recommending our hotel, and we hope you will remember us during your next business trip!

Reviewed July 3, 2012

We booked this hotel using our reward points as a one-night stop on our way to FL for a week at the beach. My husband always requests a non-smoking room and notes that I have asthma on our reservation. We arrived at this hotel around 9:30pm. My husband went to check us in while I stayed with the car. After 15 minutes I went to see what was taking so long. Apparently the room they wanted to give us for the night was a non-smoking room on a smoking floor. I have asthma and this was not acceptable. My husband and the front desk clerk were going round and round with the clerk saying they had no available rooms and she was refusing to call the manager. Honestly, it did seem to be a lack of wanting to put forth effort on the front desk clerks part, she seemed put out that we were wanting her to actually provide some semblance of customer service. I finally looked at her and told her that cigarette smoke was an asthma trigger and the room was unacceptable unless the hotel was willing to pay for my ER visit that would result in my being around cigarette smoke all night. The manager showed up after another several minutes of explaining over and over again why a non-smoking room on a smoking floor would not work for us. We explained the situation to him and he quickly remedied it. It literally took him under 2 minutes to put us on a non-smoking floor. Obviously there were rooms on other floors available! After 7 hours traveling in a car it would have been great to not have to spend 30+ minutes at the front desk dealing with this. My husband travels frequently and this kind of service frustrates him very much.

This is a newer Embassy Suites and we were very pleased with the updated decor of the room. The rooms are much smaller than a traditional Embassy Suites too. The king bed was very comfortable and we slept very well. My 17 year old said the pull-out sleeper was horrible and he felt like he was sleeping on the metal coils. The bathroom is big, bright and lovely. We could hear every flush of the toilet above us and the shower running. When the folks on the floor above us showered our sink faucet leaked. This wouldn't have been an issued had they not started showering at 6am.

We had breakfast in the restaurant, it was typical fare for Embassy Suites. The Omelet Station was very busy and offered a nice variety of fresh ingredients to add. A nice perk was that they could make egg-white only omelets. The big draw back for this was the cooking spray that was being sprayed liberally on the pan and on the items added, it made for a very greasy breakfast. I ate maybe two bites before having to stop due to the amount of cooking spray oozing from my omelet.

Since we were there for one night we did not take advantage of the other ammenities available. The pool did look nice when we peeked in at it.

This is a lovely new hotel and easily accessible from the interstate. It was great to be off the main road and not hear road noise. We would stay here again and would call ahead to ensure we were on a dedicated non-smoking floor. It would be great if the front desk staff received additional training. It would also be great if the folks making the omelets laid off the cooking spray and maybe opted for healthier, non-toxic options too.

Room Tip: Call ahead if you want to ensure your non-smoking room is on a non-smoking floor!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

lorimstl,

Thank you for commenting on our updated decor and our convenient location! We really appreciate your feedback, and we are sorry to hear that your stay with us was not as expected.

Your review and constructive feedback will be passed along to the managers and appropriate departments, including front desk as well as food and beverage. We hope you will visit again and give us the opportunity to wow you and your family during your next visit!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I spent a week here during a business trip. Everything was nice and the rooms didn't have the funky hotel smell that I usually get. This was the first time I stayed at this hotel and was really impressed with the breakfast, open bar, and excellent resturant food. The bed was a pleasant surprise and I actaully slept as well on it as I do on my iComfort. Furthermore, the location was excellent in respect to shopping and eating out.

Room Tip: My room on the 8th floor was quiet in every way possible. But one of my friends had a room close to...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Kathy K,

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your weeklong stay with us! It is always great to hear when our guests sleep as well as they do when at home!

We hope you will visit us again for another business trip or just for leisure!