“Comfortable, Clean rooms”

Ranked #35 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Montgomery, Alabama
“Comfortable, Clean rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights here recently and we had a bit of an issue checking in since my husband is a Marriott employee and they have changed their discount policies for employees, but the staff were more than pleasant and accommodation about the situation. The room was exactly as pictured on their website and was incredibly clean. The bed was comfortable and we did not hear any noise from outside. My parents and our son joined us for the second night, and I must say the sofa bed was less than comfortable, but aren't they all?! Breakfast was wonderful with many options and great coffee. The hotel is also close to the McWane Center which was perfect for our trip. We will definitely be staying her again in the future! Thanks to the staff who were always cordial and pleasant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Carli B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My family makes it to Birmingham every summer and this hotel never disappoints. It's clean comfortable and the staff are friendly. They are genuinely nice people who remember their guests and care about the service they give. We've stayed here for years and had consistently good stays.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rockwood, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

My family and I just got home from a 3 week stay in Birmingham. All but one of these nights we had a room at this hotel, (except for our hospital stay.) I can't say enough good things about the hotel and staff. The breakfast was awesome every morning. The beds were very comfortable. It was nice that we had a little kinda separate living room with a bigger couch because we were there so long and so we had another place to sit besides the beds. Our 9 year old swam in the pool every day. The outside patio is very nice also. In a nice part of town with lots of restaurants and the hospital very close. Will definitely be staying here again when we have to come back.

Room Tip: When we were there the building behind the hotel was being emptied and the dumpster noise started VE...
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

We just returned from a two night stay at this hotel. Coming in for a late arrival, we put the address into our GPS and it took us into a residential area - hint - there are two area/zip codes in the area with both having same addresses. Anyway, we called hotel and EJ insisted on staying on the line to get us all the way back to the hotel, telling us every turn and mile marker. He was awesome!! Check in was no problem and the hotel lobby very nice and clean. Had a very clean and nice room with no complaints. Bed comfortable, bathroom clean and sitting area nice. THe breakfast area was great!! Had nice variety and plenty of seating. Again, the attendant doing breakfast was very attentative to keeping area clean and stocked while we were in there. Parking problem was a little goofy, but actually I would rather my car be in garage that sitting in parking lot. At least it was somewhat being monitored. The garage was easy access and no problem finding close parking spots. So really this was no issue. I would recommend this place. I was in town to have surgery and found not only the people in the hotel helpful and friendly but also in the parking garage and at the hospital. Birmingham thank you!!

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

This dump should be under new management under new construction heck it just needs to be under. As I sit here and write about this place I'm throwing up in my mouth. I think I'm going to need therapy and a tetanus or hepatitis shot after staying in this rat-hole. For starters there was blonde strings of hair on the bathroom floor and I'm not blonde so you can figure that much out. There was old blood stains or at least something that looked like it in the vanity area two of them on the carpet. The refrigerator in the room didn't get cold. The room was funky. I sent my son downstairs to get extra towels there was no one to help him. I called the front desk no answer, called again no answer. My son said that he was down there a worker seen him turned her face and keep walking and smoking. Finally my son walked into an unauthorized area and some guy finally asked if he could help him. The next morning when we got ready to check out again no one at the front desk to help. Finally the darn cook from the complimentary breakfast area came over to say did I need some help. Told her yes needed to check out and she says oh the guy went to the bathroom he would be back. Finally the guy came asked for my bill that they didn't slide under the door. I told him didn't get one he asked me my room number he looked it up which he could have did in the first place. Finally went to the parking garage and sat there no one was there to let us out to pay nothing. Called the hotel and the guy at the front desk said oh you were suppose to get a token. So there I go parking the car back in the parking garage to go and get a token.....this hotel is garbage and that is putting it lightly so stay here at your own risk.......we just stayed for a few hour lay over traveling for 10 hours and man this was the longest layover.

Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here for a night on our way to Florida. We were close enough to walk to the Barons stadium. The hotel was clean and our room was great. Breakfast was nice, but crowded. The parking situation is a bit goofy with needing a token from the front desk. It could have been explained better and we did have to wait for someone to give us a token. I would gladly stay here again.

Chipley, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Very helpful, friendly, accommodating staff. Really appreciated the shuttle service! Very nice room with a lot of space, a microwave & refrigerator. (We asked for a room with a living room area & double beds) Plenty of plugs to charge phones, iPads, etc. Comfortable beds!
We were there for medical reasons. Hotel is conveniently located close to hospital & Kirkland clinic. Every effort possible was made to make our stay comfortable.
Great breakfast & Internet included in room rate.
Will stay there again when need arises.