SpringHill Suites Birmingham Downtown at UAB
$156
$134
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Hoover(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$72
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$76
$109
$129
$110
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Birmingham / Inverness(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$89
$85
$100
Hotels.com
All reviewsfront deskiron citylarge roomgreat showermarriott brandyogurtcheck in was easyloved this hotelindoor poolfree breakfaststayed here for one nightmini fridgeper daystaff was friendlythe breakfast areaup to datechecking in
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Traveling from Md to Tx for youth football nationals. Made the mistake of staying here 12/31/12. Our suv was broken into and my sons uniform and many of our things stolen. Luckily took a lot in but couldn't unpack the whole truck for 10 day trip. Parking choices are the street (not a safe area) or garage. Garage is a city garage with apparently no night attendant and sporadic patrol of city security guard. 2 police officers and city security guard said it is very common issue there.... Spoke with GM of hotel he stated the law officials were lying? Refunded our room $99 we lost over $2000 is personal belongings! I Made suggestion to maybe improve security by having their own security guard but GM assured me this rarely happens. 3 cars in addition to ours was messed with that night. We travel all over the US and never have felt this unsafe and have seen a hotel have such a joke of parking options. Just had to let this be known so your family doesn't make the same mistake. And beware of short reviews stressing how good the management is and how safe hotel is. If the hotel is sure to stress to you after check in how they aren't liable for your car do yourselve a favor a repack the kids and car and drive elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank D M
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The Hotel Service was excellent! The Manager Danielle exemplified exceptional, professionalism and customer service!. I was beyond satisfied and would recommend this hotel to anyone! A great environment for whatever travel venue brings you to this Hotel!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
creativeingenuity, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Birmingham Downtown at UAB, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Brandon F from Detroit, thank you for taking time out of your schedule to tell everyone in the TripAdvisor world about your stay here in Birmingham. I am glad that our Front desk associate Danielle was able to help make your stay more enjoyable, she is truly a great asset to our hotel.

Chris Nelson and the SpringHill Suites Staff

Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night for business. Check in was easy and I received room as requested. Took bags to room and then parked car per front desk recommendations.

There is a reason they tell you to unpack first. Garage is adjacent to hotel but there is a twenty foot exposure where you could get drenched if raining. Garage felt tight but tons of spaces past 8. Felt dangerous, though. I didn't see a soul but it was eghhh.

There was some large smear on the bed skirt that I hope was vanilla ice cream that was dropped. It came of easy with wet washcloth. The bedside lamp button got stuck. I unscrewed the bulb. There were tons of plugs. There is an outlet under nightstand.

I never like the European half glass doors in the shower. Toiletries are Paul Mitchel. It felt like someone half emptied the bottles. Front desk didn't have toothpaste. Springhill is always known to have the red crest packets and red brushes. They acted like I was crazy.

Good nights rest. Two HBO channels and Guide feature let's you easily navigate TV like at home. Two blocks...quick... By car to subway and arbys. Really easy to get to pizzahut. It is less than one block.

Breakfast was weak. I was living on EST. At 6:15 food was already not fresh. Fruit was beat up. Old bananas past ripe and beat up apples.

Overall needs just a little work to be an excellent. I would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank UofLtraveler

U of L traveler we are glad that your overall experience at our hotel was good, but thank you for sharing with us not only your good parts of your stay but also your bad. When we hear the good we know what we are doing right and can improve on that, and when we hear about where we missed the ball, it gives us the opportunity to improve. Thank you for taking the time to review us and know that we are looking into all of your encounters while at our hotel.

Chris Nelson and the SpringHill Suites

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Took a chance on this hotel because it was close to our client. Good choice. Nice clean well appointed hotel with spacious rooms... at moderate prices and a short drive to two clients we needed to meet downtown. The staff was friendly and very helpful they even opened the kitchen at 11pm to make a burger for a tied and hungry traveler.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank hjb4971

HJB, I am glad to see that you chose our hotel based on location and the convenience it provided for you. While we cannot move our hotel to suit everyone’s ideal location we make up for the distance in our service. We train our staff to go above and beyond the norm to make our guests feel, appreciated, valued and like a guest of honor. It thrills me to hear about our staff taking the time to cook your burger after typical hours to make sure you are pleased. We hope your meeting with clients went well and hope to see you in BirmINgham again!

Chris Nelson and the entire SpringHill Suites Staff

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I recently stayed at the SpringHill Suites Birmingham Downtown while I was visiting the UAB campus for an interview. Overall, my stay was great. I found the front desk staff to be helpful, my room was clean and comfortable and contained a large flat-screen TV. The complimentary breakfast was substantial (cereal, yogurt, waffles, eggs, bagels, English muffins, fruit, juice, milk, etc.). They also had a small food menu from which you could order reasonably-priced casual food (individual pizza, hamburger, salad, etc.) 24/7. The fitness room contained three treadmills, two ellipticals, and one stationary bike, and there were also complimentary headphones. The hotel also has a small but nice indoor pool and a small outdoor patio with several tables and chairs. The property had a new feel.

The hotel was within a few blocks of my destination on the UAB campus and I was able to walk to my interview. There were also a few small casual restaurants (a Mexican restaurant, Subway, a Chinese restaurant with counter service) within about a block of the hotel. The overall area had somewhat of a sketchy feeling, and I tried to avoid walking by myself outside after dark.

The only problem (albeit minor) during my stay was with the complimentary airport shuttle. I had called ahead to find out how the shuttle worked, and the front desk person told me that I should just call when my flight landed at the airport and they would send the shuttle. So, when I landed at the airport, I called the hotel and was told that the shuttle would be there to pick me up in about 25 minutes. After 50 minutes, the shuttle had not yet arrived; I called the hotel back, and the shuttle then arrived within approximately 10 minutes. This did not create a big problem for me, but had I been in a hurry it might have been better to plan to take a cab. I did take the shuttle back to the airport the following day without a problem.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would stay there again if I return to Birmingham.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

DukeGirl,
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to tell the TripAdvisor nation about our hotel! I am glad that you found the front desk staff to be helpful, and walked in to a clean and comfortable room (as we expect). Our breakfast bar goes above and beyond the call of duty and we attempt to have something for everyone. While you did enjoy your overall hotel stay we fell short of making this a WOW experience for you due to our Airport shuttle. Thanks to your review we are evaluating our current process and working to implement a better strategy so that no one else will experience the same difficulties. Again thank you so much for your review and we hope your interviews went well and hope to see you again in Birmingham.