“Exceeded Expectations”

SpringHill Suites Birmingham Downtown at UAB
Ranked #34 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Quality customer service upon arrival! Front desk staff very impressive and impeccably dressed. They are very polite, and extremely efficient. Rooms were clean and breakfast (included) was very good. Staff at breakfast kept area clean and stacked. Parking is $10 in garage next door. Rooms were large with nice sitting area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
creativeingenuity, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Birmingham Downtown at UAB, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Yankee-Peddler, thanks you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor and letting everyone know about your stay. I am glad that our hotel was able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Thanks from all of us at the SpringHill Suites Birmingham Downtown

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

The front desk girls were very helpful and friendly. Greeted me on arrival and explained amenities. My room was dirty. The furniture was from the Hyatt place and the sofa was stained to where I stayed away from it. I went into the bathroom and saw black hairs on the floor and in shower ( not just a few either ) I was grosses out so I immediately went to the bed to check it. Thankfully it was clean. The floor had stains and tar like substance ( picture added). The cleanliness of room was sad, need to actually renovate and clean.

• Stayed: October 2012

Flymom, While we love to receive reviews on TripAdvisor, both good and bad to allow us to know where we need to focus your review caused some alarm to us. We strive to make sure that all of our guests not only have great customer service but also clean comfortable rooms. WE failed to provide you with the clean environment you expected and for that we apologize. We are looking into the situation and currently do not have trends towards low cleanliness standards however we want to look into every comment. Thank you for your review and we hope you will give us another chance to win you back as a loyal guest!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Quality customer service from the moment you walk thru the door! Front desk appearances are very impressive and impeccably dressed. They are very polite, extremely efficient and quick when checking guests in and out.

I was particularly impressed with the cleanliness of the entire property, the outside sitting area is relaxing by the waterfall and the lobby is warm and inviting by the fireplace or TV. Each guest room is nicely decorated with very comfortable mattresses and crisp clean bedding!

Breakfast is absolutely the best in food and service! I complimented the workers for their dedication to keeping the area clean and well stocked with a delicious variety of food!

I will always use this hotel when visiting UAB because I know I can expect the same great service each and every time! That reminds me, we will be back on April 3rd 2013.....see ya'll then!

Debra & George Duddy

• Stayed: October 2012

DebDBLD, I love reading reviews like yours and having the opportunity to go and praise or staff. Thank you for letting us know about your visits to Birmingham and our staff. We look forward to seeing you in April, if I can be of any assistance to you please feel free to call me at 205-706-7477. See you soon!

Thanks again from all of us here at the SpringHill Suites Birmingham Downtown

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed here while my dad was recovering from surgery at UAB. The rooms are nice and modern with a big sectional couch and large flat screen tv's. Even though I didn't need it, I was impressed by the a/v input and hdmi ports available for the tv, which is nice for families with kids or if you travel with a dvd player or game console. The shower is a little strange though as the glass only covers half of the opening and it soaked the bath mat. Breakfast was nice and varied with everything from blueberry waffles and egg & sausage english muffins to the usual cereal, oatmeal and yogurt. Overall a really nice and convenient place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to tell the Tripadvisor nation about our hotel and all of our Modern, Comfy and Convenient items including the HDMI/ Easy panel on the TV's. You can hook just about anything you want up to our TV’s in a matter of seconds! We are glad your dad is doing well and hope we will see you again just this time maybe not for a hospital visit. Thanks again!

The SpringHill Suites Staff!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Over the last several months I had the pleasure of staying in this hotel 5 times. Every time the personnel were gracious and helpful in every way. (I am directionally challenged without a GPS and they helped me immensely with directions). On one occasion I had left a business book in the room when I checked out. The staff located the book and even brought it to me at my business meeting. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to downtown Birmingham. They all exemplified pleasure in customer service.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

First of all thank you so much for choosing the SpringHill Suites as your home away from home! We are thrilled that you have found our staff, service, and amenities to be above your expectations. Thank you again and see you soon!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

This hotel is a bit pricey, but worth it. My room (regular size) was enormous, nicely decorated, and had a comfortable living area and a large flatscreen TV. Plenty of workspace and comfortable beds.

Staff was outstanding and went out of the way to accomodate our requests; they were among the best non-luxury hotel staff that I can remember.

The only downsides: the convenience/food items available for sale at the front desk were limited, and the business center consisted of only two computers and a printer in the lobby. The breakfast was standard, budget hotel fare, and parking isn't free.

That said, this is a very comfortable, friendly hotel that made me feel right at home.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
creativeingenuity, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Birmingham Downtown at UAB, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

I am thrilled that you found the comfort and space in our 25% larger rooms! Our staff is amazing consistently going above and beyond!
We have now upgraded market to include 2 full size coolers, and a wall full of treats including popcorn, candy bars, energy bars, sodas, pizzas and more! Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Chris Nelson and the entire SpringHill Suites Staff!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed at your suites Aug, 15th, and 16th,. We were there for a medical appointment at the Kirklin clinic. We found the hotel very clean and well furnished. The staff at the welcome desk were very helpful and efficient. All the employees were cheerful and friendly. Many going out of their way to make us feel welcome. The comp, breakfast was was impressive and more than expected. The suites were large and well appointed. We used the shuttle bus to get to the medical clinic and back to the hotel. Again, the shuttle service was prompt and efficient with a very helpful driver. We enjoyed our stay and plan on returning next week.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

To our Tripadvisor Nation and Hospital travelers:
Our staff has been consistently trained on taking care of all of our guests and strives to ensure comfort, safety, convenience, and customer care. We will do whatever it takes to make sure that when you here in Birmingham whether it is for business travel, personal travel, or medical purposes. We know that often times our guests are here during rough times and we will make sure to do our part to help make your stay more enjoyable, pleasant, and peaceful.

Chris Nelson and the entire SpringHill Suites Staff!